The Student Room Group

Why is the new chemistry exam so hard? (AQA)

xx
(edited 6 years ago)
I go to a grammar school and everyone found it so difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We were told that specimen papers are usually way more difficult than what we get in the actual exam. It will probably be a mixed difficulty of the first specimen we were given ad the really hard one to distinguish typical D-B students from the A's :smile:

Original post by NeverGrowUp
So i looked at previous papers and the questions seemed quite easy, but then when I tried the specimen paper, it was extremely difficult! Are specimens usually much harder than the actual exam or will it be just as difficult? :frown:
oh, okay. I hope that's the case or else I have no chance of doing well. :frown:

to be honest the whole country is in the same boat, so I'd imagine the boundaries would greatly decrease for this year, and if not the government is just pure cruel
Reply 4
Can you show me which question was specifically hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone in my chemistry class feels the same! I was doing old spec papers and getting like 90% of the marks and then I did the new spec paper 1 and barely got a C!

At least they'll make the grade boundaries a bit lower if the real exam is as hard as the specimen lol
Reply 6
most of them, have you not seen the paper?

I do edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
So i looked at previous papers and the questions seemed quite easy, but then when I tried the specimen paper, it was extremely difficult! Are specimens usually much harder than the actual exam or will it be just as difficult? :frown:

Is this as or a2 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest