The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Would I pay 'home' or 'overseas' tuition fees?

Hi

My family are moving to the US next summer right after I finish my A Levels, I was thinking of taking a gap year and move with them and then come back to the UK for university. I was wondering whether I would have to pay home fees or overseas fees? I'm sure I can still pay the home fees as I'm only out of the country for a year? But i'm not sure.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by nicolecampos
Hi

My family are moving to the US next summer right after I finish my A Levels, I was thinking of taking a gap year and move with them and then come back to the UK for university. I was wondering whether I would have to pay home fees or overseas fees? I'm sure I can still pay the home fees as I'm only out of the country for a year? But i'm not sure.

Thank you :smile:

You only pay overseas fees if you have been a non-resident of the UK for a full 3 years prior to starting your degree. Even if this is the case, they relax the rules if you are a dependant minor. moving due to parents' work (unavoidable circumstance).
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by CHEETS
You only pay overseas fees if you have been a non-resident of the UK for a full 3 years prior to starting your degree. Even if this is the case, they relax the rules if you are a dependant minor. moving due to parents' work (unavoidable circumstance).

you've been very helpful, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending