The Student Room Group

Rhodes Must Fall founder - "NO white person shall rest"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plagioclase
They're not. Nobody in this thread seems to be aware of the fact that the Rhodes Must Fall is primarily a movement in South Africa.

The fact that it gained traction here is a sad indictment on our education system
Well, that truly must be one of the most idiotic things I have ever had the unfortunate nature to come across, even relative to the Social Justice Warrior tosh one sees on an almost daily basis.
Original post by TelAviv

Why does Oxford give scholarships to people with these views?

Spoiler

What's the bottom line?
You do realise that this has absolutely nothing to do with the Oxford? As far as I can tell everyone in this conversation is associated with the University of Cape Town, none of them are associated with Oxford; they're discussing the Rhodes Must Fall movement in South Africa, which is where it started and where it's based. Not that I'm excusing what they're saying but I'm not really sure why people are going on about Oxford here...

Are you attempting to argue that the Rhodes Must Fall movement has had no presence in Oxford? Hasn't embarrassed Oxford?

What is your view on Rhodes' statue at Oriel? On Rhodes House? Comfortable with the continued existence of both of them?
(edited 7 years ago)
disgusting
Imagine if you went into a cafe and wrote this land belongs to the Boers
Original post by Vinny1900
What's the bottom line?

If you're referring to the literal bottom line of his post, I believe it's Afrikaans for "This is our land"

EDIT - It's Zulu (thanks jneill)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
Will you be retracting your statement?

Uh... Yes. Oops.
Reply 28
Uh... Yes. Oops.

(Sorry about that!)
This is the same guy who called for the French to take down their flags as it is a 'violent symbol' of Nazism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377637/Student-says-violent-symbol-French-flags-taken-down.html
Black Lives Matter had potential to be a somewhat decent movement, if it weren't for ... well, everything about them.

But Rhodes Must Fall is just an embarassment.
Original post by TelAviv
If you're referring to the literal bottom line of his post, I believe it's Afrikaans for "This is our land"

Are Afrikaans white or black?
Reply 32
Original post by AperfectBalance
Imagine if you went into a cafe and wrote this land belongs to the Boers

That would be machete time.
Big man, staring the revolution by bullying the waiting staff at a coffee shop
You're the customer, who is ways right.
Remind me of the link between power and oppression, why don't you?
Original post by TelAviv

Why does Oxford give scholarships to people with these views?

Spoiler

YOU WHITE MALE

YOU F**KING WHITE MALE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by TelAviv

Afrikaans is one language it definitely isn't.
This is why tasers were invented.
Original post by jneill
Afrikaans is one language it definitely isn't.

Zulu
Again, the right wing are blowing this out of proportion.
Original post by Erebor
This person would not have the pen, the paper, the restaurant, the electricity, the computer/phone/tablet, the internet or the social media site to bitch about it if the people she hates so much hadn't invented them and/or brought them to their continent. She should take a long hard look at Zimbabwe to see what happens when you kick out/kill the whites.

Paper was invented in china. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending