The Student Room Group

English iGCSE Extended Paper

The exam's only a few days away now (Tuesday). I got a C on Foundation, but now I'm aiming for a B on the extended paper. Has anyone got any last minute advice? What really makes the difference between a C grade and a B grade?
Reply 1
Im taking the exam on Tuesday and I got an A on my mock but I would suggest starting from Question 3 then 1 and 2. Question 2 is a gamble but to get higher grade using the effect on the reader and what writer wants us to feel plus proclaiming about use of imagery. For Question One, understand format and circle details in passage and give your own personal developments would produce B grade band answer and for Question 3 make note form points and open summary with list of three(only use once) and keep points concise with many connectives to link points made from passage. Finally good luck and hope for the best!!!!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Chidmia
Im taking the exam on Tuesday and I got an A on my mock but I would suggest starting from Question 3 then 1 and 2. Question 2 is a gamble but to get higher grade using the effect on the reader and what writer wants us to feel plus proclaiming about use of imagery. For Question One, understand format and circle details in passage and give your own personal developments would produce B grade band answer and for Question 3 make note form points and open summary with list of three(only use once) and keep points concise with many connectives to link points made from passage. Finally good luck and hope for the best!!!!:smile:

Thank you! Wow, an A! Well done&good luck!!
Reply 3
Hi,
I am also sitting this exam on Tuesday and im pretty nervous. In the mock I managed to pick up an A but I dont think that I will be able to in the actual thing. I am really unsure on how to structure each question and my English teacher isnt exactly great so he hasnt prepared us that much nor given us any revision resources. If anyone has any that they could send me that would be great. Good luck on Tuesday you two :smile:.
Reply 4
Original post by Sammeh
Hi,
I am also sitting this exam on Tuesday and im pretty nervous. In the mock I managed to pick up an A but I dont think that I will be able to in the actual thing. I am really unsure on how to structure each question and my English teacher isnt exactly great so he hasnt prepared us that much nor given us any revision resources. If anyone has any that they could send me that would be great. Good luck on Tuesday you two :smile:.

My teacher has just given me past papers to do as revision. You can find them on the exam boards website I think. I do recommend looking on YouTube for Mr Bruff's videos. He goes through each question of a paper. I'm not too sure on structure either, my teachers just told me to paragraph, like on the 1st question, write one paragraph for each bullet point. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest