The Student Room Group

N5 critical essay

English is on Thursday and we are doing Macbeth.
Does anyone know how to structure a key scene essay, effective opening essay or effective ending essay?
We did a key scene essay for the prelim and I got 17/20 which is not bad but I'm not sure if I structured it correctly. I have never done any opening or ending essays so I don't know how to structure those.
If anyone has any advice or could post notes from their teacher, that would be useful.
Reply 1
The structure for all essays are the same? Considering you got 17/20, you obviously did it correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alana_p
The structure for all essays are the same? Considering you got 17/20, you obviously did it correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I mean is that if for example it was an essay about the opening then would you only do quotes from the opening or would you have quotes from later acts and say how they relate to the opening/how the opening makes them effective?
Reply 3
Original post by ___Sophie___
What I mean is that if for example it was an essay about the opening then would you only do quotes from the opening or would you have quotes from later acts and say how they relate to the opening/how the opening makes them effective?

Only quotes from the opening scene. Also, remember if a question tells to chose from a scene remember that a scene and act is not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alana_p
Only quotes from the opening scene. Also, remember if a question tells to chose from a scene remember that a scene and act is not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending