The Student Room Group

What do you miss from your childhood?

Scroll to see replies

the fact that I didn't know all my siblings would be diagnosed with autism and one with Noonan syndrome... that's one thing I miss alot
Reply 121
Cheap fags.
Original post by Blondie987
Being given £10 and thinking you were rich lol

Original post by evalilyXOX
No exams ! :colone:

Original post by EdwardBarfield9
This is one I miss. Damn you freddo inflation.

Original post by Pickles

AND Freddos are no longer 10p...(that's the part I miss)..

Original post by Mazzy95
I swear Freddo's used to be 5p??.

How would you feel if I told you theyre now 65p?

Pokemon cards
yoyos
tweenies
Atari
10p freddos
The days seemed longer, and the feeling that there were always new, exciting discoveries.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
The days seemed longer, and the feeling that there were always new, exciting discoveries.

Yeah - having more first times of doing things, for example, the first time you got an adult tooth, the first time you rode in a car without needing a car seat, the first time you tried a particular food, etc.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Yeah - having more first times of doing things, for example, the first time you got an adult tooth, the first time you rode in a car without needing a car seat, the first time you tried a particular food, etc.

Definitely :smile: and because you're young and changing so quickly, this barrage of new, interesting things seems to occur all at once. And I remember days feeling so endless as well, so you appreciated things much more. I feel as though time increases in speed as I get older and it kind of sucks. :tongue:
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Definitely :smile: and because you're young and changing so quickly, this barrage of new, interesting things seems to occur all at once. And I remember days feeling so endless as well, so you appreciated things much more. I feel as though time increases in speed as I get older and it kind of sucks. :tongue:

Yeah same, an hour can come and go in a flash and yet when I was a child an hour felt like an age. It was interesting last night, as I was in the car with my brother who's in KS1 at primary school and the journey was 20 minutes long. For me, that's nothing, but he was asking 'are we there yet?' and 'are we close?' pretty much every time we stopped at a traffic light!
Being so confident and loving myself arhghahaarrrrrrrrghh

And all those Jacqueline Wilson books! Idk if I'm too old for them now but I feel like it :frown:
Being able to play Pokémon without being judged lol
i miss falling asleep in the car/sofa and magically teleporting into bed!
-sleep overs
-ps2
-ice cream van(the vibe back then was different)
-ice pops
-stink bombs
-bmx'ing
Reply 132
Playing 'guns' with tennis rackets!
I miss weekly school trips.
Everything else...good riddance!
Original post by Mazzy95
I loved Peanut, Butter and Jelly :smile: I also had the M+M's game on PS1.

Playhouse Disney was so good! :excited:
-Not having to be worried about being screwed by exams
-Not having to pull all nighters
-Not having to feel tired everyday
-Not having to feel empty
-Not having to worry at all
-Enjoying waking up early and looking forward for the day
-Playing video games everyday for long hours
-Being friends with everyone, and not having to worry who's the dodgy Dave or naughty Nathan that does speed
Original post by ForestShadow

How would you feel if I told you theyre now 65p?

:eek: Say it ain't so!
No worries, endless hours playing football outside or playing with toys inside, the fact that the 6 weeks summer holidays felt like an eternity, visits from my gran every Wednesday.
Being able to walk into a shop with £1 and come out with loads of stuff. Now we have CCTV everywhere. :frown:
- My school friends.
-My head toy dolls that I used to LOVE
-Not worrying about exams/homework
-Drama free situations

Quick Reply

Latest