Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by notnek
What grade are you aiming for?

I aspire for an A but only 3 weeks to get that. :frown:
Reply 81
Original post by _Xenon_
I aspire for an A but only 3 weeks to get that. :frown:

I believe you can do it but you're going to have to continue to work as hard as you've been doing over the last few days.

If you're doing the higher paper then your teacher should have taught you every topic in the higher course. It's weird that this hasn't happened.

But it's great that you're aiming for better than the rest of your class!
Reply 82
Original post by notnek
I believe you can do it but you're going to have to continue to work as hard as you've been doing over the last few days.

If you're doing the higher paper then your teacher should have taught you every topic in the higher course. It's weird that this hasn't happened.

But it's great that you're aiming for better than the rest of your class!

Hi class is very disruptive too so not enough time to even cover all content. Most people don't care. I have printed 4 papers for my exam and I have a practise book too with loads of questions for each topic... :-)

BTW I'm working at a C atm. :frown: Do you still believe I can do it and thanks very much! Well I've been at a C since the start of the year! Started studying loads now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Xenon_
A curve has equation y = 2x3 + x2 - 8x + 3.
Find dy / dx
Hi

Can someone please guide me through answering the above question step by step?

Thanks.

Did you have calculate with the sum rule to differentiate functions yet? differentiate every single term in it after the power rule and you get the differentiation of this function.
Reply 84
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi class is very disruptive too so not enough time to even cover all content. Most people don't care. I have printed 4 papers for my exam and I have a practise book too with loads of questions for each topic... :-)

BTW I'm working at a C atm. :frown: Do you still believe I can do it and thanks very much! Well I've been at a C since the start of the year! Started studying loads now.

From the evidence of this thread, you're working much harder than the average C level student.

If you continue to work as hard as you ever have then you've got a chance.
Reply 85
Original post by notnek
From the evidence of this thread, you're working much harder than the average C level student.

If you continue to work as hard as you ever have then you've got a chance.

Thanks I'm thinking 4 hrs at least of Maths and split the remaining 4 hours for science. I might adjust depending on how much I can get done.

I've got to cover:
Section One - Numbers
Section Two - Algebra
Section Three - Graphs, Functions and Calculus
Section Four - Geometry and Measures
Section Five - Pythagoras and Trigonometry
Section Six - Statistics and Probability

Then PAST PAPERS.

Quick Reply

Latest