The Student Room Group

A way to memorise difficult equations...ALL SUBJECTS.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
But once you understand why that formula is that formula, you can derive it whenever - look at this: http://www.mathopenref.com/cylinderarea.html

Oh my. What an excellent website. Thanks for sharing friend. That's the second time you have enlightened me today.
Original post by thefatone
yup mechanics maths and physics mechanics xD

Volume of cylindrical shapes such as cuboids rectangle long things and cylinders
are
area of cross section x length

obviously some stuff you should really know like area of a circle

which is πr2 \pi r^2

circle diameter

πd\pi d

Indeed. I used to have a serious problem with comprehending the fact that the length of a cylinder is 2piR. My maths teacher had to explain it to me about five times.

Spoiler

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Indeed. I used to have a serious problem with comprehending the fact that the length of a cylinder is 2piR. My maths teacher had to explain it to me about five times.

Spoiler

dude not as dumbass as me when i physics.

i can't physics really.....

the teacher is always so caring but i'm really stupid and retarded when it comes to concepts so i make myself look like a retard then every laughs.... .-.
Original post by thefatone
dude not as dumbass as me when i physics.

i can't physics really.....

the teacher is always so caring but i'm really stupid and retarded when it comes to concepts so i make myself look like a retard then every laughs.... .-.

That also happened to me just yesterday in computer science. The teacher was explaining Op-code and operand which was a little confusing. The class was laughing as I asked her to explain for the hundredth time. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many times you ask...as long as you understand at the end. At least we are not afraid of asking eh...
Unfortunately the typesetting for the equations isn't very good. Otherwise it might be a good idea.
If it was "Connect to δSB.dl=μ0SJ.ds+μ0ϵ0ddtSE.ds\int_{\delta S}\vec{B}.\mathrm{d}\vec{l} = \mu_0\int\int_S\vec{J}.\mathrm{d}\vec{s} + \mu_0\epsilon_0\dfrac{\mathrm{d}}{\mathrm{d}t}\int\int_S\vec{E}.\mathrm{d}\vec{s}?" then I'd be on board, but the box only displays raw text.
Learn how to derive them or put them up on your wall or whatever.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
That also happened to me just yesterday in computer science. The teacher was explaining Op-code and operand which was a little confusing. The class was laughing as I asked her to explain for the hundredth time. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many times you ask...as long as you understand at the end. At least we are not afraid of asking eh...

That's the problem.... i don't understand the teacher keeps saying it's as simple as i can make it i can't make it any simpler. he even did a super simple experiment to show this aswell and i still didn't understand

I have almost all the balls in the world, i'm willing to ask when i don't understand even if everyone looks at me like i'm retarded and stares my way each time i put my hand up. i don't care i don't understand thus i'll ask
Reply 26
Original post by morgan8002

PRSOM.

Quick Reply

Latest