The Student Room Group

Predictions for 26th May?

I have a feeling circle theorems, vectors, and algebraic fractions might appear. What are your thoughts on what you think will turn up for the non-calculator paper on may 26th?
Reply 1
Original post by junayd1998
I have a feeling circle theorems, vectors, and algebraic fractions might appear. What are your thoughts on what you think will turn up for the non-calculator paper on may 26th?

The end of the world?!
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
The end of the world?!

If you f**k this up your done. Next year the new spec is so much harder, ugh I hate all this pressure.
Reply 3

What time is your exam? Mine is 9:00 AM on 26th May
Are we talking about AQA GCSE non-calc?
But tbh I don't think you should bother predicting for maths - just practice everything you need so that you can apply these techniques to the 'worded' questions that may come up :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by surina16
But tbh I don't think you should bother predicting for maths - just practice everything you need so that you can apply these techniques to the 'worded' questions that may come up :smile:

Na Edexcel GCSE Non Caclc and yeah i know I'm not really predicting, im getting through all of the topics. Just wanted to know what people might think appear
Reply 6
Original post by surina16

Luckily for me IGCSE isn't that bad with that
Reply 7
Na Edexcel GCSE Non Caclc and yeah i know I'm not really predicting, im getting through all of the topics. Just wanted to know what people might think appear

Why is your school doing edexcel? They're **** for maths imo, hannahs sweets lmao
Reply 8
Original post by _Xenon_
Why is your school doing edexcel? They're **** for maths imo, hannahs sweets lmao

They pull a stunt like that again I'm finished. Is GCSE or IGCSE harder?
Reply 9
They pull a stunt like that again I'm finished. Is GCSE or IGCSE harder?

IGCSE is 'harder' as it contains mostly higher level content and includes topics usually taught at A-level as opposed to GCSE, topics such as differentiation and calculus, etc. However, if you're doing GCSE further maths you may be familiar with some of these topics.

However, some people may say theyl find it easier only because it tends to be less wordy questions so the questions are easily understandable you just need to understand harder topics. THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME LOVE MY EXAM. I wouldn't want to do the others because eventhough the content maybe harder the exam is much better imo.
i hope what you just said will come up because they are alright but please no stupid hannah questions or that dumb cone cylinder, plz edexcel if you are reading this make it easy, its the last GCSE ever before things are switched up!

how are you all revising?

Spoiler

Original post by _Xenon_
IGCSE is 'harder' as it contains mostly higher level content and includes topics usually taught at A-level as opposed to GCSE, topics such as differentiation and calculus, etc. However, if you're doing GCSE further maths you may be familiar with some of these topics.

However, some people may say theyl find it easier only because it tends to be less wordy questions so the questions are easily understandable you just need to understand harder topics. THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME LOVE MY EXAM. I wouldn't want to do the others because eventhough the content maybe harder the exam is much better imo.

I agree with you on the wordy questions I HATE THEM and they come up frequently on GCSE i prefer things like a simultaneous equation or quadratic equation where there is just a set way you do it and you just do it. Not none of this hannah sweet ********
Original post by sfaraj
i hope what you just said will come up because they are alright but please no stupid hannah questions or that dumb cone cylinder, plz edexcel if you are reading this make it easy, its the last GCSE ever before things are switched up!

how are you all revising?

Spoiler

looool i know right, revision is okay slow but getting there, you know circle theorems, surds, inequalities,standard form, probability trees, simultaneous equations? There just a few of the topics that could come up
I agree with you on the wordy questions I HATE THEM and they come up frequently on GCSE i prefer things like a simultaneous equation or quadratic equation where there is just a set way you do it and you just do it. Not none of this hannah sweet ********

You might have liked the IGCSE exam depending on your current grade
looool i know right, revision is okay slow but getting there, you know circle theorems, surds, inequalities,standard form, probability trees, simultaneous equations? There just a few of the topics that could come up

hmmm, they dont seem like bad topics? you know in practice all the topics are proper easy but when they bring in words it all goes down hill, like hannah just count the sweets and eat them bruh its not deep!
Original post by sfaraj
hmmm, they dont seem like bad topics? you know in practice all the topics are proper easy but when they bring in words it all goes down hill, like hannah just count the sweets and eat them bruh its not deep!

True the words are what get people. Oh well just gotta work hard get through as many past papers and cover as many topics and were good to go. I hope lmao.
As soon as im in that hall i get nervous af.
True the words are what get people. Oh well just gotta work hard get through as many past papers and cover as many topics and were good to go. I hope lmao.
As soon as im in that hall i get nervous af.

ikr! ive done a thousand and one past papers but the minute i get in that hall everything is gone and i go from A to D real quick
Original post by sfaraj
ikr! ive done a thousand and one past papers but the minute i get in that hall everything is gone and i go from A to D real quick

Trust

Quick Reply

Latest