The Student Room Group

Why do some people say "love you" instead of "I love you"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForestShadow
Lel whats the winky face for? I get the "lol" as a quick dismissive borderline banter usage but the emoji?

It was to be flirty :lol:
Original post by ForestShadow
I see your point, but for the sake of a smiliar comparison (since the 'I' part is the debate here) wouldnt you agree that

I think thats amazing

vs

thats amazing

has a big difference?

there may not be a deep meaning, but I think it evokes a deeper more personal meaning at least for me :biggrin:

I don't dispute that. I was just trying to point out although the EFFECT of leaving out the I may be to make it seem less personal, that is not often the INTENT (for me anyway).
Original post by Little Popcorns
it's less intense than 'I love you'

Personally I think that "intensity" is what is needed in love. It shows true emotions and feelings and the more intense, the more harder it is to get out..
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Personally I think that "intensity" is what is needed in love. It shows true emotions and feelings and the more intense, the more harder it is to get out..

But she's talking to her sibling :/ if my brother looked me in the eyes and said 'I love you' I would find that really uncomfortable and awkward. However, a casual 'love you' would be more appropriate as it isn't signifying deep and intense emotions.
Original post by georgiaswift
But she's talking to her sibling :/ if my brother looked me in the eyes and said 'I love you' I would find that really uncomfortable and awkward. However, a casual 'love you' would be more appropriate as it isn't signifying deep and intense emotions.

LOL yeh true... :smile:
Original post by georgiaswift

How is that uncomfortable? Telling your family "I love you" is normal.
It's no big deal,both mean the same to me
Original post by AutisticMew
How is that uncomfortable? Telling your family "I love you" is normal.

this is a serious question...
are you really diagnosed as autistic?
Original post by animeamanda1412
this is a serious question...
are you really diagnosed as autistic?

Yes. I was diagnosed when i was 10/11.
Original post by AutisticMew
Yes. I was diagnosed when i was 10/11.

I see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending