The Student Room Group

If there is a god, why are some people born disabled?

Scroll to see replies

Why do people have a disability ( blindness ) like me - because God doesn't want us too see anything but him when for the first time we do
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:colonhash: So causing someone to suffer for their "sins" is what you call forgiveness?

If god is going to punish me now in this life and forgive me in the afterlife, then I do defiantly accept that.
Original post by AhmedMA99
If god is going to punish me now in this life and forgive me in the afterlife, then I do defiantly accept that.

:curious:
:redface: Well it's in the dictionary soooooo...........

You don't think a serial killer is evil? You don't think a rapist is evil? you don't think Hitler was evil?

How is he more knowledgeable? How do you know that?

No their actions are immoral, but In my opinion, every individual has goodness in them.
Well, I believe a creator knows everything about his creation. For example, the Wright brother knew an awful lot about the function of aeroplanes. This enabled them to built one. The same way God knows everything about his creation according to my opinion.
Original post by champ_mc99
Not what I was after. I'm talking about here and now, where you don't believe in heavan/hell/God. Would you want to die as a baby so you don't have to experience life (or the remainder of it)?

Of course not, why would I if I have no fear of hell? I love life, I'm not depressed or anything...
No it isn't!

I don't think getting diagnosed with terminal cancer is good for me? I don't think being abused would be good for me?!

It will be at the end of ur dark tunnel. Don't give up x
No it isn't!

I don't think getting diagnosed with terminal cancer is good for me? I don't think being abused would be good for me?!

Neither do I and but no one understands the nature of His thinking. There's always a silver lining.
Original post by simbasdragon
So in that vein people do not need to be compassionate towards disabled children and adults because they're 'just getting what they deserve' as 'what comes around goes around' surely?

I'm not saying people shouldn't be compassionate towards disabled people, because that becomes bad karma to the person who isn't. However, if a couple have a disabled child, then it means both the parents and the child had committed sins in their past life and so that's God's form of "punishment". Over the course of a single lifetime, an individual performs countless actions, has countless thoughts; all of these bits of karma—good and bad—are something like spiritual baggage, or deposits in a spiritual bank account. When a person dies, all of his or her karma is, in a sense, added up. A "positive balance" leads to a more positive rebirth; a "negative balance" leads to a more negative rebirth.
Original post by AhmedMA99
It is very similar to a game, there is an algorithm. The game is going to end in the same way for you, me and anyone else. Its just the things you decide between the beginning and the end of the game that may change the gameplay for you. Example If you decide to kill some guy in a mission, this will change the game play for you.

This hasn't actually answered anything.
Original post by thefatone
Problem of evil which religious believers have to deal with...

of course not a douche at all

But no need to give other a disadvantage
we have a term for this"being a dick"
so what about the other times
what? why would you thank someone else for waking up in the morning or sleeping??
what does god have? if he gives everything to everyone, very bad things would happen... chaos etc
but there's no need to not help other who believe in you if you are a "god"
that's just like saying oh a settlement needs my help...... nope cba going to help that settlement.
God himself tells us to be moral but he himself is not moral. He doesn't help the injured and he certainly doesn't save people from death with his omnipotency

Life has to continue, if everyone is getting immortality then what is the difference. People then would say that if god existed he would gave us mortality. innit ?
Original post by X_Hope_X
Why do people have a disability ( blindness ) like me - because God doesn't want us too see anything but him when for the first time we do

xD It's been forever since I've heard/seen thinking like this :biggrin:
Original post by X_Hope_X
It will be at the end of ur dark tunnel. Don't give up x

What will?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
This hasn't actually answered anything.

:colondollar:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Of course not, why would I if I have no fear of hell? I love life, I'm not depressed or anything...

But you must have had downs in life like everyone else. Don't you think it's easier to not live at all? You won't feel sadness or happiness because you won't feel anything at all. You won't exist. Seems like an easier option imo when you actually do understand it.
This thread is wheely bad.
Reply 75
Original post by xobeauty
I'm not interested in having a conversation with you all I will say is you need Jesus in your life, if you know what I mean :wink:

Worst ad hom I've seen. Just pretend I'm someone else smh
Original post by Farah_786
No their actions are immoral, but In my opinion, every individual has goodness in them.
Well, I believe a creator knows everything about his creation. For example, the Wright brother knew an awful lot about the function of aeroplanes. This enabled them to built one. The same way God knows everything about his creation according to my opinion.

Immoral, evil whatever you want to call it, it exists and if God knew everything about his creation and he was all knowing and all loving he wouldn't create people who do/did such evil.

Do you see how everything just contradicts each other?
Original post by Imperion
Neither do I and but no one understands the nature of His thinking. There's always a silver lining.

okay.

:colonhash:
Original post by fastandfurious
In Hinduism, disabilities are believed to be linked to “karma”, sins that have been committed in past lives.

Works excellently for the wealthy.

'I was born into this palace because I saved thousands of people in a previous life, no wait a minute, you're telling me i'm just a bit of sperm that got a bit lucky? Oh well let's go kill some peasant girls'
Immoral, evil whatever you want to call it, it exists and if God knew everything about his creation and he was all knowing and all loving he wouldn't create people who do/did such evil.

Do you see how everything just contradicts each other?

people can CHOOSE to be immoral/wicked etc as they have freewill. God doesn't control their minds as he wants to see how fellow humans CHOOSE to live their life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending