The Student Room Group

Are you getting study leave?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, but it starts the day after my second exam . . . !

Posted from TSR Mobile
The school said we don't deserve it because apparently we would use it as a free time. Even though I believe that our class is really serious about our GCSEs, and as you said, we can use that time better at home...#SadTimes TT^TT
We don't so I'm just taking random days off as we come closer to exams. The teachers in our sixthform make it clear that attendence is important but no one has asked me why I've been taking so many days off yet.
Reply 43
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I was stalking random people that I follow and I found this!!!!
You have study leave since april :frown:
WTH! When I'm older I'm going to make a school that has study leave for the whole time!!!!!!!

Haha yes, we've stopped going to school since we finished everything. 21st of April was the last day of school. (which was also my birthday) From 4-20 they were revision days, but it wasn't necessary if you prefer studying at home, which is what I did.
Original post by maria.x
Haha yes, we've stopped going to school since we finished everything. 21st of April was the last day of school. (which was also my birthday) From 4-20 they were revision days, but it wasn't necessary if you prefer studying at home, which is what I did.

That's cool! :biggrin:

Oh, and happy belated birthday (you never told me)! :biggrin: :wink:
Kl, you are sooo clever, that you couldn't be asked to go to the revision lessons?

Reply 45
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
That's cool! :biggrin:

Oh, and happy belated birthday (you never told me)! :biggrin: :wink:
Kl, you are sooo clever, that you couldn't be asked to go to the revision lessons?

Haha aw thanks, I only told 7amood and a friend here. Mostly the weak students were asked to attend them, I took the permission from my teachers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by maria.x
Haha aw thanks, I only told 7amood and a friend here. The weak students mostly were asked to attend only, I took the permission from my teachers.

So, I am not your friend? :frown:

Oh right, the not so clever students....
That does not include me....

Spoiler

Reply 47
You are but I didn't spend much time on tsr that day. Hahaha.
Original post by maria.x
You are but I didn't spend much time on tsr that day. Hahaha.

Ok, fair enough.... :biggrin:
Original post by benj1999
If i bunk school for a couple of days, like when i have geography (geography class revision is really bad) wouldn't that make my attendance go really low, and then wouldn't uni's look down on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

unis do not look at your high school year 11 attendance, worry about those things when youre in 6th form not yr 11
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Your sixth form pick you up from your home? Whaaaaat....? :eek4: Sounds nightmarish. :redface:

Yes, if we don't come into school they'll come to your house :colonhash:
It is lmao
Original post by rajneetk
Yes, if we don't come into school they'll come to your house :colonhash:
It is lmao

Surely not? I expect only for unauthorised absences? Woah :redface:
No chance of you taking your own study leave then :tongue:
Surely not? I expect only for unauthorised absences? Woah :redface:
No chance of you taking your own study leave then :tongue:

My school and sixth form are strict with absences
Nope...no study leave for me :frown:
My school and sixth form are strict with absences
Nope...no study leave for me :frown:

No study leave for me either, would love it though. I feel like in one lesson I am wasting my time, although I do find that my other lessons hold effective revision lessons (which I put down to smaller class size). :frown:
No study leave for me either, would love it though. I feel like in one lesson I am wasting my time, although I do find that my other lessons hold effective revision lessons (which I put down to smaller class size). :frown:

Yeah same I'd love to have study leave..you're free to use your own resources and not go over a topic which you're good at but may be a weak topic to others :colonhash:
I agree with the time waste of sitting in lessons
Yeah with smaller classes you can voice your opinion!

I hope your revision hoes well though! :smile: and good luck!
Yeah same I'd love to have study leave..you're free to use your own resources and not go over a topic which you're good at but may be a weak topic to others :colonhash:
I agree with the time waste of sitting in lessons
Yeah with smaller classes you can voice your opinion!

I hope your revision hoes well though! :smile: and good luck!

Yeah, it amounts to a waste of time and it would be much wiser to stay at home and do what you find helpful!
Thank you so much, I hope everything goes well for you too! Good luck, and try to avoid getting picked up by your school from home :rofl:
Yeah, it amounts to a waste of time and it would be much wiser to stay at home and do what you find helpful!
Thank you so much, I hope everything goes well for you too! Good luck, and try to avoid getting picked up by your school from home :rofl:

I agree
I'm going to need the luck lmao :biggrin:
Looool only if they find me because I'll be :hide:
Can I ask the story behind your username because I'm quite fond of it :yes:
Reply 57
Yes i get it. But i get distracted at home, having the rigour of lessons is an aide to my revision. However my teachers go over what we're struggling on, not random topics!
We don't but I don't care, I prefer going to school that way I can pester my teachers more with help
I agree
I'm going to need the luck lmao :biggrin:
Looool only if they find me because I'll be :hide:
Can I ask the story behind your username because I'm quite fond of it :yes:

I feel that too, I need all the luck in the world :K: Has anyone ever been picked up though? I'd feel so embarrassed :lol:

I am glad you asked (thank you btw) :awesome: this cool band right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc
I honestly recommend listening to a few of their songs because their style evolves throughout different albums, and because now it is just Brendon as a full member (kind of a one man band haha). They're amazing. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest