The Student Room Group

Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Sure, but they're by no means limited to gay people.

What about all the points I just raised that you've failed to address?

I answered them in other comments.
Reply 61
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Really? I'll be darned. How do the other dogs feel about this, purely out of curiosity?

Some don't mind, some do.
Original post by AhmedMA99
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)

62.5% of STDs are more common among straights than gays.
As for awkwardness in buying condoms, that's what vending machines in bathrooms are for 8-)

2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)

In 1977, 10% of people were said to be gay. A more recent survey gave the number at around 1.5%. Either way, homosexuality is evidently not on the rise, and certainly in 100 years it would not be a cause of extinction.

3- It is not how humans were made.

Nor is circumcision.

4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.

Some do.

5- It is a disease and people should get treated.

Citation needed.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Still disagree. Why do you guys need Sharia. Pray your salah and fast on Ramadan and let people live and let live. srs.

Sharia is the reason why the Islamic World is a mess. A big time mess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I admit I find the Sharia difficult due to the major differences within Islam so I don't know if I want it because I don't know which is the true Sharia. I wouldn't want to live under Wahabi Sharia.

But I think things like distribution of pork and alcohol should be banned in all Islamic countries, and I think all forms of Sharia can agree on certain points such as this one.
"sex in general can spread STD's. for you to group an entire variety of diseases to one sexual.." Sexual intercourses between males and females have less STDs percent compared to Sexual intercourses between males.
"it will not lead to the extinction of the human race because there are 7 billion people on earth..." Hence I said 100+ years.
"homosexuality was a thing since the beginni.." And these people were punished in a very painful way.
Good on calling me a disease..
Oh and you can't be a Muslim and Gay at the same time..

hetero sex still can spread STD's - so your first point was wrong

100+ years can not end the human population, even if we were to assume that everyone was a homosexual. homosexual couples can have sex with others if they want children, thus sustaining the population even if everyone where gay

people were not punished in a very painful way for being gay in the beginning. it was after homosexuality was condemned that homosexuals were punished. there are loads of times in history that people had gay sex, and were not killed because of it

also i never mentioned that i was Muslim AND gay. but i can be both, my sexuality does not govern my religion, or vice versa. you may believe that it does, but religion is a way of living life for a reason, me being gay does not make me any less of a muslim than you
Original post by Hann95
and actually, to address your other "points"

1. All sex has the possibility to transmit STDs. Vaginal, anal and oral. Do straight people not have these kinds of unprotected sex?

2. Ridiculous argument. Firstly, that would require 100% of the worlds population to be homosexual, and even if that were the case, the human race could be furthered by artificial insemination.

3. I don't even get what this point means.

5. Attitudes like yours are the disease sweetheart.

Don't you think that we need a female for artificial insemination to work?
Original post by drosstalk
Saudi's belive in eradicating homos. As much as i dont like gays i hate muslims more

A homophobic anti-Muslim bigot. Your species are very rare to find...
Reply 67
Don't you think that we need a female for artificial insemination to work?

Sorry can females not be gay? Of course you need a female in order to carry the baby, but you don't need to have sex to fertilise the egg. Neil Patrick Harris and his husband have twins. The egg was fertilised with sperm from one of them and carried by a surrogate. If by your ludicrous suggestion that the whole human race was infected with the "gay disease" women and men could still work together to reproduce and not have sex :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jaxalottl
hetero sex still can spread STD's - so your first point was wrong

100+ years can not end the human population, even if we were to assume that everyone was a homosexual. homosexual couples can have sex with others if they want children, thus sustaining the population even if everyone where gay

people were not punished in a very painful way for being gay in the beginning. it was after homosexuality was condemned that homosexuals were punished. there are loads of times in history that people had gay sex, and were not killed because of it

also i never mentioned that i was Muslim AND gay. but i can be both, my sexuality does not govern my religion, or vice versa. you may believe that it does, but religion is a way of living life for a reason, me being gay does not make me any less of a muslim than you

I was not talking about you being Muslim and Gay. If you claim that you are a Muslim, then you must know Lut. His people were killed in a horrible way.
Original post by champ_mc99
I admit I find the Sharia difficult due to the major differences within Islam so I don't know if I want it because I don't know which is the true Sharia. I wouldn't want to live under Wahabi Sharia.

But I think things like distribution of pork and alcohol should be banned in all Islamic countries, and I think all forms of Sharia can agree on certain points such as this one.

Ever heard of Ahmadiyya Sharia. They only believe that Sharia should only be applied to individuals who choose to live under it. So non muslims or gay people can do whatver they want in a muslim country wothout any punishments or persecution. they dont believe in imposing.. Sunnis and Shias learn something from Ahmadis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)

Mate are you ok?

No, it's as normal as heterosexuality

Edit- it's been proven other animals have homosexual relationships, such as lions

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by champ_mc99
A homophobic anti-Muslim bigot. Your species are very rare to find...

Lets see what a phobia is - a phobia is when your scared of something or someone and you try to avoid them. I am not a homophobic- I just do not like faggots they are over-represented in the Media and that is endorsing homosexuality in the UK. We need to go back to the 1960's when England was great. Anti-Muslim depends- I don't mind the rebellious ones who don't take it up the ass from Allah and talk about Faith every other minute. But in terms of hatred yes I don't like them in the last 5 years i have seen mass islamic immigration in my area, they want to knock down my football clubs stadium for a super mosque. The english need to take a stand.
Any muslim who supports homosexuality is outright denying the Quran. Literally skipping the pages of the Quran that are against it. You are no longer muslim, you are your own imitating religion that has no connection whatsoever.

Protestants also ignore the Bible and let gays and women have authority in their own churches. Don't be like them, they are pathetic.
Original post by LibertyMan
Any muslim who supports homosexuality is outright denying the Quran. Literally skipping the pages of the Quran that are against it. You are no longer muslim, you are your own imitating religion that has no connection whatsoever.

Protestants also ignore the Bible and let gays and women have authority in their own churches. Don't be like them, they are pathetic.

It is not about supporting to condemning. It is about tolerance and living letting live even if you disagree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what your answer to the question posed by OP is, it could be interpreted either way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.

Classic low IQ muslim
Original post by KaminiZindagi
It is not about supporting to condemning. It is about tolerance and living letting live even if you disagree

Posted from TSR Mobile

For one you cannot express your homosexual urges and still be muslim

For seconds when has the Quran ever tolerated infidels, LOL
For one you cannot express your homosexual urges and still be muslim

For seconds when has the Quran ever tolerated infidels, LOL

yes u can be gay and muslim. commiting homosexuality does not take someone out of Islam just like committing any other sin does not mean you are suddenly a non muslim or a non christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"sex in general can spread STD's. for you to group an entire variety of diseases to one sexual.." Sexual intercourses between males and females have less STDs percent compared to Sexual intercourses between males.

Sex between males using protection has an STD transmission rate of ~0.01%, I would guess; sex between males who have been tested and proven negative for STDs, or who have not had any prior sexual contact, has an obvious transmission rate of 0%. Why ban it outright? Purely statistically speaking, HIV infection rates are higher among black people. Shall we ban them from having sex, too? I think not!

"it will not lead to the extinction of the human race because there are 7 billion people on earth..." Hence I said 100+ years.

I highly doubt rates of homosexuality will ever grow above 20%. A population of which 80% of people are inclined to procreate is easily self-sustaining. In any case, gay people can still have kids using artificial insemination and/or a surrogate mother. Or they can adopt! Foster homes are stuffed full of kids who need adoption. I stress, once again, our current problem is overpopulation. We can cross the underpopulation bridge if and when we come to it, which we won't.

"homosexuality was a thing since the beginni.." And these people were punished in a very painful way.

I don't think God has any problems with gay people, you do think so, and neither of us will convince the other. Let's leave it at that.

Oh and you can't be a Muslim and Gay at the same time..

"Gay" just refers to people who are attracted to their same gender, not necessarily people who act on that attraction. There are pretty obviously some gay Muslims.
Original post by Buses
Classic low IQ muslim

IQ is not a good way to test intelligence..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending