The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tunde20
According to CSC, all nominating agencies must put forward their nominees on or before April 29. I believe that the statement does not necessarily translate to mean that if your portal does not change to CSC by then, your application is not successful. We should be aware that the universities and the CSC may not work on today (weekend). I am sure that by Monday onward, some people will receive their good news. It is not yet over.......

perfectly true.
Original post by johnjkjk
PS. Monday is a bank (national) holiday in the UK.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Original post by Tunde20
Then let us look forward to Tuesday onward. Besides, there are applicants who have had more than one nomination, and they are yet to make decisions on which one to accept. Upon their decline of some nominations, some other applicants will receive good news. I repeat: It is not yet over.

am in love with your comment
Original post by ashamidu10
Congratulations to all those who have been nominated for this year shared schilarship. Plz i've also applied for msc finance at the university of strathclyde. My application is still with nominating agency 1. My agency input is still nil. I contacted the school and was told i will get back to me with feedback on my application by june. Plz has anyone receive such? And is anyone having any update on this ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Early today, I sent an email to [email protected] saying that I have not received any congratulatory or rejection email from my nominating agency, and that I am aware that nomination has ended yesterday April 29. I just got a sagacious and indifferent reply that:
"You should have received an email earlier today saying you had not been nominated to CSC" Since I did not get a rejection email, could it mean that my application is not unsuccessful? Or could it mean that I am supposed to have gotten rejection email but I haven't yet?
Original post by Tunde20
Early today, I sent an email to [email protected] saying that I have not received any congratulatory or rejection email from my nominating agency, and that I am aware that nomination has ended yesterday April 29. I just got a sagacious and indifferent reply that:
"You should have received an email earlier today saying you had not been nominated to CSC" Since I did not get a rejection email, could it mean that my application is not unsuccessful? Or could it mean that I am supposed to have gotten rejection email but I haven't yet?

ask them for more clarification.
Original post by kuchikau
ask them for more clarification.

That is funny.
@Kaschau did you see my private message of congratulations?
Original post by Tunde20

I guess u applied to LMU. I would av told u earlier but, I just tot the message will come in on time and also to ease ur tension, bt seeing ur curiosity, London Metro has nominated. Most schools are not contacting unsuccessful only successful ones and reserves cos of volume of applications..so if your agency input is filled you are still on point, if your app. is wit CSC u ar on point. the remaining applications will b deleted automatically when due. But there will b so many rejections and many reserves will b on point only patience can do dt cos guys wit multiple nominations will av to tnk tru...after all we r talkn abt the future u cnt afford to regret ur decision.... tnks
Thanks a lot for the enlightenment.
Original post by Richard Lee
That is funny.
@Kaschau did you see my private message of congratulations?

havent checked.
Original post by Greenfish16
Thanks bro. Which university?

Queens Uni abt 3wks ago according to my referees...wt abt u?
checked my EAS ..agency input filled for Queen Margaret and Leeds Beckett...but both applications still with nominating agency...guess i am a reserve
[QUOTE="Tunde20;64490339"]Thanks a lot for the enlightenment.[/QUOTE

Uwlc bro...did u apply to other schools? Is ur agency input filled for any?
Reply 913
Original post by joachim2010
Pls has anyone been nominated by university of Hull yet? mine is reading in process with nominating agency on d EAS? pls any help n hope?

I also applied to university of hull, my agency input was filled but I haven't receive any mail from them. Is your own agency input section filled?
Anyone that has been nominated by University of Hull in this room should please reply to guide us.
Reply 914
Original post by Tunde20

I sent you a personal message, kindly reply me. I also applied to the University of Southampton
Reply 915
Anyone nominated by University of Hull in this room? Please kindly reply
I have. Thanks
Original post by tobilistic
Queens Uni abt 3wks ago according to my referees...wt abt u?

University of Leeds, but no reference request yet. Was your reference request specifically from Queen's or from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission?
Original post by Greenfish16
University of Leeds, but no reference request yet. Was your reference request specifically from Queen's or from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission?

I tnk its from commonwealth. One of my referee told me that her reference shld b transfd to a letter headed and later tld her to send a copy to Irene for record purpose...I'm guessing Irene will b my program officer for Queens
Good day everyone, I just discovered and joined this forum a few moments ago, and I'm glad ti discover that the commonwealth shared scholarship is being discussed here by applicants.
I received a mail from university of the west of scotland thatI am on their reserve list and that there is still chance that i might be among the chosen ones. But one of my referees has not completed my reference for university if exeter. I would like to ask, if he can still submitt for me, despite the fact that 29th of April has passed.
Also, if there is anyone who has been noinated by either university of exeter or university of the west of scotland, kindly let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending