The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucasium
You find chem 5 easier than chem 4? U mad sun?

Have you seen the June 2015 paper? LOL
FP2 :frown: but hopefully the other exams for further maths will drag me up :biggrin:
A-Levels can piss off; STEP... :frown:
Hmm....either FP2 or M2 for maths
I'm doing OCR Salters chemistry and OCR maths 😞 But AQA physics
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
Since OCR is a dodgy exam board, I worry about both Biology and Physics
and maybe C4 if Edexcel wants to join in making students fail lol
'Hardest' or 'most worried about'... they're two different things, at least for me! The hardest would either be my 'Options in Applied Psychology' exam (OCR) or Crime & Deviance with Theory & Methods Sociology exam (AQA)

The one I'm most worried about is my Film AS retake which is in 17 days argh kill me!
Original post by Science_help
same :smile: what other subjects are sitting and what exam boards ?

Oh no okay I'm a super weird student :biggrin:
My other subjects are Drama and Graphics.

From your user name I'm guessing your a maths/science student. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Edexcel M4 is going to be the death of me
Reply 108
Can't decide whether history (ocr themes paper) or C4 (edexcel) is harder.... I'm going to say history purely because it's worth almost twice as much as C4, and also I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of C4 before the exam
Reply 109
One of the Physics papers or depth in chemistry.
Original post by Lucasium
You find chem 5 easier than chem 4? U mad sun?

lmao exactly what i was thinking
Original post by Lilli1997
I'm doing OCR Salters chemistry and OCR maths 😞 But AQA physics

How's AQA physics going? Is it true it's easier than OCR? I can't really tell cause I haven't seen a full AQA paper XD and is Maths just the OCR one? and not MEI?

My class did an AQA question once and it was like a question on momentum..the question was about a boy kicking a ball and we were asked to calculate a deceleration and the answer was like -928 ms^-2 or smth lol
Reply 112
FP3, FP4 or F215
The whole year, I thought Physics would be the worst, but we tried a new specimen paper for Chemistry and it was completely insane. (This is just AS btw.) :s-smilie:
Original post by Pix2015
Oh no okay I'm a super weird student :biggrin:
My other subjects are Drama and Graphics.

From your user name I'm guessing your a maths/science student. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha yep your right
In order of 'kill me now' to 'might be okay'

C4 (Edexcel)
The bane of my existence

Bio 5 (AQA)
I don't really understand anything in biology, and the essay is gonna be a killer

Bio 4
See above, minus essay

Chem 5 (AQA)
Two words... Transition metals

Chem 4
Pretty confident with this, as long as I can get the mechanisms down

C3
Compared to C4, C3 is beautiful

S2
Genuinely easier than S1

Not even ranked: General studies 1 and 2 (OCR); I'm gonna get a U on these and I don't actually care

I need AAA for my university offer, but as I had quite high UMS last year, I'll need BBB, excluding general studies.
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
How's AQA physics going? Is it true it's easier than OCR? I can't really tell cause I haven't seen a full AQA paper XD and is Maths just the OCR one? and not MEI?

My class did an AQA question once and it was like a question on momentum..the question was about a boy kicking a ball and we were asked to calculate a deceleration and the answer was like -928 ms^-2 or smth lol

AQA physics is nice for most of it. There are multiple choice questions on unit 4 but the work you need to do to get to the answer takes longer than one minute (which is what you get if you do minute a mark.) The magnetic fields in that bit is a bit hard but just takes practice. We are doing special relativity as the option topic, would have preferred the Astro one myself but school chose.
FP3
Or maybe FP2
M2 if i'm unlucky.
Original post by Lilli1997
AQA physics is nice for most of it. There are multiple choice questions on unit 4 but the work you need to do to get to the answer takes longer than one minute (which is what you get if you do minute a mark.) The magnetic fields in that bit is a bit hard but just takes practice. We are doing special relativity as the option topic, would have preferred the Astro one myself but school chose.

ohhh at least you have the option XD We do cosmology for OCR A..
it seems like those 1 marker multiple choice is how they take up your time lol for us we get force time graphs for the first unit and we would have to count squares to get the impulse :lol: which takes a lot of time tbh..

How's revision going though and have you tried questions from OCR before?
lol i really can't decide :frown: probably f325 or psya4

Quick Reply

Latest