The Student Room Group

Pensioner, 77, told mother in hijab: 'You look like you're about to b0mb the place'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Youngmetro
it's idiots like you that make it impossible to talk about such issues on this forum.
You do realise that to think of all Muslims as Brown (Foreign) People is, in itself, racist? It's also very patronising. Did you not know that Muslims are represented in every race and just about every nationality?
Shame on you!
Reply 41
Original post by HAnwar
When you get disgusting comments like that hurled at you, I'm sure that disgusting attitude of yours will change :smile:
"You look like you might have a bomb"

"You are a vile creature and I am going to laugh at you while you are being tortured"

Which of these is the most disgusting comment?
Reply 42
Original post by Brillo100
By that token, your post above is racial abuse.

Race means your breed like Caucasian or Black. Where did the pensioner mention her breed? A religion is not a race.

I think that Youngmetro assumes that all Muslims are Brown Foreigners. Can't think of any other reason why you would call "Muslims" a "race". :confused:
Reply 43
Original post by R£SP£CT
It's a symptom of a wider and much more serious problem, anti-muslim bigotry.
Ladies and gentlemen...we have a winner!

Exactly. It was "anti-Muslim bigotry".
Not "racism"
Not "Islamophobia"
Not even "xenophobia"
Reply 44
Original post by Dandaman1
I think this is another example of the UK being a tad overzealous in protecting certian religious demographics.
Can't be. We are constantly being told that Muslims are denigrated by the media and oppressed by the establishment.
Original post by QE2
You do realise that to think of all Muslims as Brown (Foreign) People is, in itself, racist? It's also very patronising. Did you not know that Muslims are represented in every race and just about every nationality?
Shame on you!

You've assumed that the issue here is actually the reference to race. It is just the general nonchalent attitude whereby people think something isnt abuse. The general attitude where something totally irrelevant is picked upon when it doesnt fit the TSR non muslim agenda. Shame on you for saying that I assumed all muslims are brown, your brought that on yourself.
Was anyone else expecting this to be a creepy old man hitting on someone?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
The pensioner might not even have noticed the hijab.

Maybe he noticed a look of deep anger and steely defiance in the mother's eyes, and that's why he said it.

Or maybe it's slang for 'bring some pizazz to the situation', because the woman was looking so radiant and full of energy.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions.

If this is a serious post , i pity you.
hurt feelings =/= something a government should protect people from. people aren't ****ing babies. the government isn't our ****ing daddy.
Reply 49
Original post by ItsaConspiracy
Can't say **** these days without going to court how pathetic

I bet these old people are wishing they fought for the other side during WW2 because I'm sure if things turned out differently we wouldn't be in the mess we are today

A total betrayal has taken place

What's with these dumbass accounts with dumbass names? Completely ruin this forum
Reply 50
How on earth isn't what she did wrong?
You've assumed that the issue here is actually the reference to race. It is just the general nonchalent attitude whereby people think something isnt abuse. The general attitude where something totally irrelevant is picked upon when it doesnt fit the TSR non muslim agenda.

Idiot, never said anything about racism.
Free speech

>b-but muh feelings
Disgusting. The OAP was way out of line.
Original post by CarlTheCuck
Free speech

>b-but muh feelings

Free speech does NOT constitute this. That is why there are hate speech laws and anti-discrimination laws. Free speech has boundaries and if you don't believe it does then free speech isn't a thing. In no society ever has saying whatever you want been okay.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
*confused whining*

someone here got triggered
(edited 7 years ago)
I think 99% of this thread firstly need to look up what "hate crime" is and what constitutes hate crime. It can be motivated by prejudice which this CLEARLY was.

I think it is stupid too say what she did was okay because it is not. And im just sick of borderline racism on this forum in general.

Had the roles been reversed people would start talking about closing the borders and the usual other uneducated stuff which is so evident on this forum.
Original post by CarlTheCuck
someone here got triggered

Your immaturity perfectly matches your ridiculous statements.
Reply 58
How they shove local religion's laws down everyone's throat here,same should be done to these people and they had it coming anyway (Though I understand it's a Islam runned country here)
Original post by ivybridge
Your immaturity perfectly matches your ridiculous statements.

Gays that defend Islam are beyond me, it's like a Jew supporting a Nazi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending