The Student Room Group

Post your IQs :-)

This is just another ego-massaging thread, but it would be interesting to see TSR's spread of scores compared to the general population.

I got 133 which I'm pretty chuffed about, although it's probably not accurate as it was a 20 question online test...

http://www.free-iqtest.net

Scroll to see replies

Officially 138.
Definitely not a believer in the reliability of these tests to determine intelligence. I haven't taken a MENSA test, nor has my brother but our youngest sister, who happens to be the least intelligent of the 3 of us, got 161.
Original post by jamestg
This is just another ego-massaging thread, but it would be interesting to see TSR's spread of scores compared to the general population.

I got 133 which I'm pretty chuffed about, although it's probably not accurate as it was a 20 question online test...

http://www.free-iqtest.net

Lol don't bother, people are going to lie.
Reply 4
Original post by Anon07079191
Definitely not a believer in the reliability of these tests to determine intelligence. I haven't taken a MENSA test, nor has my brother but our youngest sister, who happens to be the least intelligent of the 3 of us, got 161.

(cue lengthy debate about what intelligence is) :wink:
These tests don't work lol
I've done a few tests and got a range of scores, so I doubt they are particularly reliable.

Highest score: 145
Lowest score: 128

I tend to average around 135 though
Original post by jamestg
(cue lengthy debate about what intelligence is) :wink:

Oh. Man.

I'm going to get a myriad of pedantic responses now, aren't I?

I wish not to debate the definition of intelligence... 😔
Maybe I should delete my comment and hide. 😖
i dont want to insult myself :no:
Original post by JRKinder
I've done a few tests and got a range of scores, so I doubt they are particularly reliable.

Highest score: 145
Lowest score: 128

I tend to average around 135 though

There are different tests with different ranges. Needs to be converted to a percentile in order to reliably compare scores between tests.
I got [insert score indicating I'm naturally clever]. Pretty chuffed if I might say. :holmes:
85th percentile from a Mensa administered test.
Professionally tested when I was younger I got 132. I don't know how different it would be today, but I also know to take IQ tests with a pinch of salt. No matter what, there is no substitute for hard work.

In fact one of the greatest physicists ever, Richard Feynman, was said to have an IQ of 125 - which compared to a lot of the large numbers found on these threads and from other people bragging is considered small. Still doesn't change the fact that he was brilliant, and that a lot of highly intelligent people out there, moreso than him, haven't come close to achieving what he did.
(edited 7 years ago)
137, apparently.
Never seen anyone actually do poorly in these, so I'm gonna re run it with as far away from my original answers as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao a year 6 student can get 90% of these questions correct...
Officially around 118.
"My IQ is only 100,000,000 :frown: I also got 50A*s at GCSE... Good enough for cambridge tho??"
Typical TSR answer :lol:
Reply 19
My range from different apps and websites suggest I am between 107-119 :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest