The Student Room Group

How to be a better student?

I have been studying for about 4 months now and there is plenty to take in.

I struggled back in school, which was many years ago now and feel that there can be a lot of improvement that can be obtained still.

There is abvice from my uni on things like note taking, essay writing, referencing and so on, but feel that it is all spread out and hard to find and go indpeth with.

How to do all become a better student?

Is there a book that covers all or some of what is needed to get better at all this?
Stella cottrell's study skills handbook is a good read for improving your studying in general and the same publisher does many other useful books too, for instance theres one on critical thinking. Do you have any particular weak areas?

Original post by mrnace
I have been studying for about 4 months now and there is plenty to take in.

I struggled back in school, which was many years ago now and feel that there can be a lot of improvement that can be obtained still.

There is abvice from my uni on things like note taking, essay writing, referencing and so on, but feel that it is all spread out and hard to find and go indpeth with.

How to do all become a better student?

Is there a book that covers all or some of what is needed to get better at all this?
Reply 2
I just bought 'success in academic writing,' palgrave study books. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Stella cottrell's study skills handbook is a good read for improving your studying in general and the same publisher does many other useful books too, for instance theres one on critical thinking. Do you have any particular weak areas?

Im just wanting to improve in every area. Does this book cover everything, indepth?

From note taking, to writing, to revision etc?

Its like an all in one product I am looking for. as indepth as possible.

Thanks.
Original post by mrnace
Im just wanting to improve in every area. Does this book cover everything, indepth?

From note taking, to writing, to revision etc?

Its like an all in one product I am looking for. as indepth as possible.

Thanks.

Yes it's very comprehensive:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Yes it's very comprehensive:smile:

Thats good. I'll have to check it out then.

Thank you.

Are there any other suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending