The Student Room Group

Maths gcse 2016 grade boundaries?

Does anyone have a rough idea of what the higher tier maths edexcel grade boundaries will be. I know they are not released, but does anyone have a good reason and explanation why they will be the 2016 edexcel maths grade boundaries.
Reply 1
(Based on the boundaries from previous years)

A* - 80%
A - 60-65%
B - 47%

Hope this helps a little
Original post by Johny12345
Does anyone have a rough idea of what the higher tier maths edexcel grade boundaries will be. I know they are not released, but does anyone have a good reason and explanation why they will be the 2016 edexcel maths grade boundaries.

They are not released because they don't exist yet.
After all of this years papers are marked, the examiners will analyse all of the marking data and decide what they should be.
They will vary depending on how hard the exams turn out to be.
The guesses above are as good as any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hiya! Moved this into the Maths Exams forum for you :h:

Original post by Johny12345
It should be lower as a lot of students throughout the country struggled with last years paper and my maths teacher told our class that the boundaries vary on how well the country did the previous year so hopefully we should have lower grade boundaries this year!
Reply 5
I think they'll be similar to June 2014's boundaries, last year they were a bit weird bc some of the questions confused students, but they will have learnt from their mistakes and go back to what worked.

Spoiler

However, saying this the boundaries may be even higher. MAYBE. It's the second last year of the spec I think, so maybe everyone will do well and the boundaries will be even higher. It's all been rinsed if you get me, the spec's been rinsed. AIM HIGH FAM
Reply 6

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I'd be surprised if 2016 is lower than 2015 but really none of us have any idea.
Original post by notnek

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I'd be surprised if 2016 is lower than 2015 but really none of us have any idea.

My teacher told me today an for an A it is 130/200
Reply 8
Original post by kateweddepohl
My teacher told me today an for an A it is 130/200

It depends on the year. Last year was 125 because they were hard papers. And 2013 was 139 because it was much easier.

None of us know what it will be this year.
Reply 9
Original post by Corrierobzo1
It should be lower as a lot of students throughout the country struggled with last years paper and my maths teacher told our class that the boundaries vary on how well the country did the previous year so hopefully we should have lower grade boundaries this year!

That's not how it works. The boundaries are set based on the performance of candidates in that year's paper.
Original post by notnek

2015 was 155/125/95/65

I have just seem this years and you need 153 for an A!!! (78/75) i dont understand why it is so high compared to ALL OTHER YEARS
Reply 11
Original post by algebraqueen
I have just seem this years and you need 153 for an A!!! (78/75) i dont understand why it is so high compared to ALL OTHER YEARS

The table I posted was for Edexcel. This year it's 140 for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending