The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

English HL guys, anyone doing poems by Dennis Brutus, Andrew Marvell, Percy Bysshe Shelley and/or Thomas Hardy?
Original post by u97
Quick question : Do you think its ok if we drop by like maybe 3 points? As in if I miss my offer by 3 whole points have I lost all my chances of getting accepted :frown: (cause i feel like i will lose my offer by more than just 2 points)

I kind of think it depends on the unis you've chosen and how strong your application is! Im sure you'll do well enough to not need to worry about it anyway :smile:
I've made a video to help with IB Chemistry 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-9txKDtWNM

Original post by IFoundWonderland
As far as I can tell, there isn't already one of these.

How does everyone feel coming up to the exams?

What are your hopes and predictions?
Reply 43
My first exams is in less than 23hr's :redface:
Best of luck to everyone ~
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Omg english and econ tomorrow! Good luck guys!!
Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone tomorrow! We'll all be stars! :crown:
You can do it!! Fighting!
Original post by u97
On a different note I AM SO GLAD our results come out a month before A Levels. It means our unis may prioritise us.. right? Isn't that like an advantage? Or does it really not make a difference ?

They don't prioritise us. If you've missed your offer, you still have to wait for them to receive the UMS of A Level students throughout A Level results day and then they'll make a decision on your application accordingly.
Reply 47
Fighting till the end ~~~

How is everyone's exam schedules? Not too horrible I hope :smile: I have friends who have 3/4 tests in one day :O
Currently really struggling with Economics SL... I've been reciting the theory for a week now and everyday I've forgotten half of it. if I have to recite one more page of economics I might lose it. Can't wait for it to be over.
Reply 49
Original post by thecsstudent
Currently really struggling with Economics SL... I've been reciting the theory for a week now and everyday I've forgotten half of it. if I have to recite one more page of economics I might lose it. Can't wait for it to be over.

I feel you, I'm HL and I'm DYING. Econ is gonna be a pain in the ass no doubt - also last year's questions were disappointingly difficult, hoping to God it isn't this time around either.
Reply 50
Original post by Fi101
Fighting till the end ~~~

How is everyone's exam schedules? Not too horrible I hope :smile: I have friends who have 3/4 tests in one day :O

yeah i have 3 exams on tuesday... all of which are my HLs.. FML!
Reply 51
Original post by u97
yeah i have 3 exams on tuesday... all of which are my HLs.. FML!

:s-smilie: That sounds horrible :s-smilie: What subjects are they?
Reply 52
Original post by Fi101
:s-smilie: That sounds horrible :s-smilie: What subjects are they?

English language and literature P2 (The big hard one)

Economics HL P2
Economics HL P3 (my personal weakest)

And the day before the exam (Tomorrow) I finish my exams at 4pm so half the day is already gone - leaving me with very little time to revise properly
:frown:
Less than 12 hours for my first exam. Freaking out, but anyway i am happy i won't be studying again paper 1 econ (hopefully) :s-smilie:
I wish you to all of you guys good luck! :smile:
Original post by u97
I'm cramming everything in the last minute now and I feel disgusted with myself - like we actually had a bit of time. if only we were smart enough to utilize well enough 😪

i completely agree !
Original post by medleg
your subjects sound really interesting! have you started revising now?

thanks!! and some biology but i realise how little time i actually have now since the first exam is today, typical
Everyone chuffed? I thought the poem was excellent :woo:.
Reply 57

HL or SL? (bear in mind we can't talk about the actual exam content at all for 24 hours!)

i did the prose :smile: so glad paper 1 is over!!
I did the poem! I started off really well but my timekeeping skills were awful and so I didn't talk about the end of the poem in as much depth unfortunately :-(
But I still think I may have just scraped a 7 if I'm lucky! Paper 2 tomorrow, does anyone have any tips??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending