The Student Room Group

Muslims: Do you believe homosexuality should be illegal/criminalized?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone can vote in this, so it's not accurate. If you want accurate info watch channel four's what Muslims really think.
Original post by redleader1
Why are people not allowed to voice their own opinion ?

Well and the guy voiced his opinion by telling those people to **** off. His opinion:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Epicurean
Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.

Pretty bad in Christianity still too I think
Original post by AhmedMA99
Yes I do think it should be criminalized. And here is why I think it should be.
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)
3- It is not how humans were made.
4- Even animals DON'T have sex with the same gender.
5- It is a disease and people should get treated.

But why ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 124
IQ is not a good way to test intelligence..

I thought it was.
:smile:
Reply 125
Original post by Jazzy Foot
You're a ****.

:biggrin:
Reply 126
Original post by The Epicurean
Whilst I know this post was facetious, there is in fact room for the acceptance of homosexuality in Islam.

Like I have said on multiple occasions, the left champion Islam and vouch for it, so we must take this into consideration. Of course though if you are a UKIP/Tory voter, rich, a banker, a white privileged male, a Jew and probably Christian, you are pure evil and the spawn of Satan. It's according to the left so it must be true
Original post by ivybridge
1. No, the exchange of bodily fluids spreads STDs. The biggest proportion of carriers of HIV are heterosexual.
2. ********, with 4-6% of the population being queer? Yeah okay. And we're totally not massively overpopulated as it is or anything.
3. You don't know how humans were made. Furthermore, if God didn't want men to enjoy anal sex he would have stuck the g-spot elsewhere :colone:
4. Yes they do...
5. Okay, evidence?

Hahaha
1- It spreads STDs (Most people don't use condoms in NORMAL relationships because they feel awkward buying a condom. So Imagine buying one with your male friend)
2- It can lead to the extinction of the human race (not on a period of 20-50 years, but 100+ years)

Did you know that whenever a gay person touches a straight one, the straight one becomes gay too? It's a disease that's spreadable by a single touch and then you're doomed for the rest of your life :sexface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForgetMe
Did you know that whenever a gay person touches a straight one, the straight one becomes gay too? It's a disease that's spreadable by a single touch and then you're doomed for the rest of your life :sexface:

:mwuaha::mwuaha::mwuaha:

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. STDs are just as common in straight couples. Most people do use condoms unless they're safe with the idea of a child.
2. What will lead to the extinction of the human race is evidently religion (it's doing s fantastic job thus far). Nonetheless, this world is extremely overpopulated and unsustainable - and it's predicted to be worse in the future.
3. Homosexual relationships existed before Islam was even an idea. They always existed and always will exist.
4. Oh my goodness. Please research before you open your mouth. Most species of animals have homosexual sex.
5. How is it a disease? I'd argue that believing in a corrupt and vengeful God is a disease - would you be okay with that?

All in all, you just prove how ignorant and uneducated most extremist religious people are. You'd have people argue that Muslims don't share the beliefs of ISIS but then we have you proving them wrong.

[Also, 23% said yes lol. It's islamophobia then they tell you :rolleyes:]

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KaminiZindagi
I dont hate Islam. LOL
I genuinely wanna know what the Muslim Youth thinks.

Where do you see me hating Islam. Poking fun does not mean I hate Islam. Grow up

Posted from TSR Mobile

To tell the truth i dont agree with the idea but im not homophobic, if i met someone that was gay i would treat them as a equal.
Well and the guy voiced his opinion by telling those people to **** off. His opinion:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

BUt he said NO and said anyone who is against it can F off. So cant people say yes ?
Reply 133
Original post by Omen96
You are part of the problem with your no borders unlimited mass uncontrolled migration with no language or any requirements

Oh come off it old chap. Just because I'm left doesn't mean that I agree with everything that Labour says!
Original post by redleader1
BUt he said NO and said anyone who is against it can F off. So cant people say yes ?

Well still hia opinion. You can say yes but according to him you should be kicked out if you say yes. His opinion. Nothing wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Still disagree. Why do you guys need Sharia. Pray your salah and fast on Ramadan and let people live and let live. srs.

Sharia is the reason why the Islamic World is a mess. A big time mess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to say but no muslim country really has islamic sharia implemented properly...not even saudi. Countries just have majority of muslims but not an islamic law etc instead some corrupted governments.
Original post by ForgetMe
Noooooo. :eek: It's worse than that. If a gay person sneezes or even farts in the same room, chances are you will pick up the airborne contamination and become gay too. :party2:
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
And the Hadith is even more blunt:

"When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes.....Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to."

I will start with this Hadith first and I'll address the Quran in another post. So if we look at the "kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to" and first analyse the chain of command:

Muhammad bin al-Sabah
'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Malik bin Shayb
'Abdul 'Aziz bin Muhammad al-Daruradi
'Amr bin Abi 'Amr (Maysayra)
'Ikrama
ibn Abbas

So the Hadith relates that Ibn Abbas heard the Prophet say this message. However only one single person claims to have heard Ibn Abbas relate this Hadith, namely Ikrima. A Hadith becomes more reliable if you have multiple people attesting to a person saying it, but here we only have one person. As there are so few people (only one) who attest to this, we have to question its reliability. So we could look at the character of Ikrima and see if he is a reliable transmitter of Hadith. Here however we run into problems.

Taha Jabir Alalwani in his book "Apostasy in Islam: A Historical and Scriptural Analysis" says on Pg. 79:

Al Bukhari was criticized for narrating hadiths on the authority of Ikrimah, and Ibn al-Salah states that "... al-Bukhari cited [hadiths narrated by] a group of narrators whose reliability has been previously challenged, including Ikrimah, ibn Abbas's slave." Muslims used to avoid narrating hadiths on the authory of Ikrimah alone, while according to Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Malik refrained from narrating any more than a single hadith on his authority. In fact, Malik did not like Ikrimah to be mentioned.

In The History of al-Tabari, Volume XXXIX, Biographies of the Prophet's Companions and Their Successors we find comments made about Ikrima on Pg. 216:

According to al-Sarrar b. Muhammad b. Ismail Ibrahim b Said - his father: Said al-Musayyab used to say to his client Burd "O Burd, do not lie about me, as did Ikrimah about Ibn Abbas."

Ibn Sa'd al-Baghdadi in his Kitab Tabaqat Al-Kubra also provides a number of instances where people have criticised Ikrama for his exaggeration (not a good trait for a hadith authority) and some have called him a liar (certainly not a good attribute)

If one looks through other early biographies written on the important people within Islam such as in Ibn al-Jazari's "Ghayat al—Nihaya" we find further criticisms of Ikrima's character.

Now if you are going to use a Hadith narrated by Ikrima, the onus is on you to defend his reliability, as clearly many have raised issue with him.

It is also worth mentioning that Ikrima was a Kharijite. This Islamic sect was the ISIS of their era, and many Muslims claimed that they were not true Muslims. Can we really be surprised that a person who was a member of a radical Islamic sect then produced such extreme Hadith?
(edited 7 years ago)
infertility can be treated. People who choose not to have children might change their mind one day.
Most diseases started with infecting small percent of people and then started to spread.
Science will sooner or later show evidence of how fatal can homosexual intercourses be.
Sexual relationships between males and females have less STDs than Sexual relationships between males and males.

That is total BS. Your ignorance is both shocking and hilarious.
Actually very very sad that they're viewed as non Muslims and discriminated against.

But speaks volumes of the ulamas of other Muslim groups who condemn them even though there's a Quran verse indicating that Ahmadis are real Muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending