The Student Room Group

I got this in the post today...

It was a lovely booklet about the mayoral election. I just spent an hour reading through and annotating cos that's what I do innit.

What has annoyed me though is how quick parties like BNP, Britain First and UKIP (as to be expected tbf) are to dismiss people who are not ethnically British as not true Londoners. Those with immigrant backgrounds make up a huge percentage of London's population. I don't understand what these people think they have to gain by undermining and insulting this significant voting population. It's also frustrating that they present their flawed ideas as fact because I'm sure people do believe the crap they spew.

Is anyone actually going to vote for them?

IMG_20160501_154356.jpg
Reply 1
Original post by IFoundWonderland
It was a lovely booklet about the mayoral election. I just spent an hour reading through and annotating cos that's what I do innit.

What has annoyed me though is how quick parties like BNP, Britain First and UKIP (as to be expected tbf) are to dismiss people who are not ethnically British as not true Londoners. Those with immigrant backgrounds make up a huge percentage of London's population. I don't understand what these people think they have to gain by undermining and insulting this significant voting population. It's also frustrating that they present their flawed ideas as fact because I'm sure people do believe the crap they spew.

Is anyone actually going to vote for them?

IMG_20160501_154356.jpg

I got a feeling these candidates will do a lot better than predicted
Original post by Mathemagicien
You say to stop generalising people, except you are generalising right wingers as bad parents :/

Also, its certainly not impossible to halt immigration, whether or not such an act will be beneficial.

As for banning Sharia law - well, its not practiced much, however there are occasionally people who take it upon themselves to enforce it in certain areas.

I'm not - I'm saying poor kids for having a bigoted parent.

Ofc it's not impossible, but it is extremely unlikely; similarly to the Sharia Law point, by including it in this leaflet he's making it seem more significant than it actually is and easier than it actually is.

14621147540261024937225.jpg
This is all I could manage. My eyes burned.

Original post by M14B
I got a feeling these candidates will do a lot better than predicted

I hope not.
Bigot - "a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions."

Look, I'm no fan of the BNP, but you sound really bigoted against conservatives. I feel sorry for your children, if you have any - what if they hold conservative views too? :frown:

I vote Tory :h:

Yes. I am intolerent of people who hold unfounded prejudices.
Conservative with a small c. E.g. those who want to reduce immigration from other cultures.

Being intolerant of prejudiced people is itself an unfounded prejudice. Many older people have what we'd call racist attitudes, but they are still nice people

It is unfounded to be intolerant of views that promote hate and encourage division?
It's thoroughly disgusting that despite the continued requests from Rigby's family to BF to stop using their dead son as a poster boy for their vile campaign, they continue to use his name and picture. "The voice of the silent majority" my arse.
You say to stop generalising people, except you are generalising right wingers as bad parents :/

Also, its certainly not impossible to halt immigration, whether or not such an act will be beneficial.

As for banning Sharia law - well, its not practiced much, however there are occasionally people who take it upon themselves to enforce it in certain areas.

There was that one ginger faggot kid who tried to do it and got arrested, along with a couple others who were also arrested. Exaggeration at its finest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending