The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham Vs Durham Vs Edinburgh Vs Sheffield Uni for History?

I have applied for history v100 and have been made offers from all these universities bar Durham which I have yet to hear back from. I think I've ruled out Sheffield as I way prefer the other three..Any advice on which of these I should pick would be really helpful?

I know in the league tables it goes Durham>Birmingham>Sheffield> Edinburgh but since these are all Russell group and seem to swap with one another each year I don't want to base too much emphasis on league table results.

I think I'm swaying towards Birmingham as the course seems strong and I fell in love with the campus ( plus I have an unconditional which takes the pressure off)... But I liked all the uni's and Durham and Edinburgh are such beautiful cities and more well known globally?

Whats important to me is a strong reputation and academic stance, good job prospects, an attractive city or campus and a good social and sports life.

Help?
Reply 1
I firmed Birmingham :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I have an unconditional for Birmingham too!! im struggling between Exter and Birmingham
Reply 3
Original post by Harryy:)
I have an unconditional for Birmingham too!! im struggling between Exter and Birmingham

Not sure if this helps but..One of my friends who was in the year above is now in her first year at Birmingham and loves it. I know she was choosing between Exeter and Birmingham last year and she decided to firm Birmingham. She felt more at home on the birmingham campus and felt they were academically similar but that Birmingham, being second biggest city in UK had a better social life than exeter. She doesnt regret her choice at all and loves Brum. Hope this helps?
My History teacher went to Sheffield. She had only good things to say about it. I personally went for Birmingham, but for Political Science. I too felt more at home in Birmingham than any other university. There's something mystical about the redbrick.
Reply 5
Original post by Archdukes
My History teacher went to Sheffield. She had only good things to say about it. I personally went for Birmingham, but for Political Science. I too felt more at home in Birmingham than any other university. There's something mystical about the redbrick.

Agreed!
Reply 6
Original post by sa13
Not sure if this helps but..One of my friends who was in the year above is now in her first year at Birmingham and loves it. I know she was choosing between Exeter and Birmingham last year and she decided to firm Birmingham. She felt more at home on the birmingham campus and felt they were academically similar but that Birmingham, being second biggest city in UK had a better social life than exeter. She doesnt regret her choice at all and loves Brum. Hope this helps?

That really does, thanks!
Reply 7
That really does, thanks!

Let me know what you choose :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sa13
Let me know what you choose :smile:

Firmed birmingham!!
Reply 9
Durham>Edinburgh>Birmingham >Sheffield
Reply 10
Firmed birmingham!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Good choice, more fun than Exeter. See you there :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending