The Student Room Group

Why isn't China more inventive/innovating these days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
Westerners always think they are the best, sometimes they are right, oftentimes they are not.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/10/baidu-could-beat-google-self-driving-car-bmw

never trust things made by the chinese. they're poorly made and will send data back to their servers
Original post by chemistrybro
i don't watch propaganda.

okay i will stop posting source from BBC and CNN to you from now on.
Reply 22
Original post by Erebor
Over a million engineering graduates each year, great educational achievements (basically win the IMO every year), great environment for growth and innovation but somehow they are reduced to just making stuff after western blueprints...IQ is obv not an issue since it's on par with Japan and SK, yet these two are some of the most innovating countries in the world. They have the brain power and the numbers so what the heck is going on?

Lots of great things are discovered in the West but not recognised and ignored by most western companies.Maybe Chinese companies are better at recognising and exploiting it.
Original post by HucktheForde
okay i will stop posting source from BBC and CNN to you from now on.

thanks, please post the sun. they're my favourite
Reply 24
never trust things made by the chinese. they're poorly made and will send data back to their servers

More paranoid than a bus full of UKIP members.
Original post by Maker
More paranoid than a bus full of UKIP members.

i'm not. it's the truth. their phones contain malware which sends data back to their servers.
thanks, please post the sun. they're my favourite

here

China tests weapon of mass destruction capable of destroying London

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/news/7095400/Chinatests-weapon-of-mass-destruction-capable-of-destroying-London.html

your kind of news
why make something, patent it, then let no one else make something similar good? look at the us health industry. it's broken due to corrupt firms.

Cos its time consuming, risky and expensive
here

China tests weapon of mass destruction capable of destroying London

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/news/7095400/Chinatests-weapon-of-mass-destruction-capable-of-destroying-London.html

your kind of news

don't you like it? not a lot to read and a great informative video.
don't you like it? not a lot to read and a great informative video.

Your favourite. Just here to serve the greater interest of chemistrybro.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Cos its time consuming, risky and expensive

and it's all about the money and not the people, right?
Your favourite. Just here to serve the greater interest of chemistrybro.

bow down you heathen.
bow down you heathen.

aye your majesty the Queen.
(edited 7 years ago)
how many famous non-chinese mathematicians do you know?

you're just ignorant.

Dirac, Grothendieck, Wiles, Hardy, Hilbert, Erdos, Ramanujajan

And these are just last century. Not the probably more famous older ones like Fermat, Euler, Gauss, Leibnitz, Riemann, or even Greek ones...

In fact the only Chinese one I even know, was born and raised in Australia...
edward snowden.

*cough*

What does Edward Snowden have to do with hacking? How is leaking classified information hacking? How is one guy equivalent to an entire state apparatus dedicated to cyber espionage?
Original post by brainhuman

And these are just last century. Not the probably more famous older ones like Fermat, Euler, Gauss, Leibnitz, Riemann, or even Greek ones...

**** i couldnt even spell chinese properly but i know how to google.
What does Edward Snowden have to do with hacking? How is leaking classified information hacking? How is one guy equivalent to an entire state apparatus dedicated to cyber espionage?

:facepalm2:
"The U.S. is “still the best” at cyber warfare, he said. “If we want to go on offense, a whole bunch of countries would have significant problems.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-16/obama-says-u-s-ready-to-act-against-china-over-hacking

What else would the US say?

Meanwhile China carries on stealing secrets - proving its attack capability instead of merely talking big.

i too know how to use wikipedia.
Original post by RivalPlayer
What else would the US say?

Meanwhile China carries on stealing secrets - proving its attack capability instead of merely talking big.

They would say it is justified for the US to steal secrets/hacking. But not for other countries.

"It's not spying, it's an attempt to 'understand online communication tools'"

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/04/nsa_spying_statement/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending