The Student Room Group

Stuck on Vectors Question.

20160501_171747.jpg How do you answer this question? I know that you have to prove that AM and MD are multiples of each other and then state that they share a common point, but I don't know how to get from A to M.

WHY IS THE IMAGE SIDEWAYS?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AxSirlotl
20160501_171747.jpg How do you answer this question? I know that you have to prove that AM and MD are multiples of each other and then state that they share a common point, but I don't know how to get from A to M.

WHY IS THE IMAGE SIDEWAYS?

You can't go from A to M directly, but there is a way to get from A to something then that something to M (see the diagram).

Photos are annoying to take, they appear right way up on your computer but are uploaded in whatever orientation you took the photo in.
Reply 2
AM=AB+12BE \text{AM=AB} + \frac{1}{2} \text{BE} .
Now just find all of these vectors in terms of a and b \mathbf{a} \text{ and } \mathbf{b} .
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
You can't go from A to M directly, but there is a way to get from A to something then that something to M (see the diagram).

Photos are annoying to take, they appear right way up on your computer but are uploaded in whatever orientation you took the photo in.

I think I've got it. I do AB + 0.5BE = AM. BE = -a-3b so BM = -0.5a - 1.5b. I don't know if that makes any sense but it does to me (idk if it's right though :P).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest