The Student Room Group

What are your views on Non-White migration into Europe?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRKinder
As far as I'm aware the study that I got that from (can't for the life of me remember what it was called, I think it was a BBC study on TV or something?) was focused on European migration, obviously with the whole EU debate being at the forefront of the news at the minute. As for African and Middle Eastern migration, I am much more opposed to that as, due to the lower levels of wealth in their home countries, they are probably more likely to send a significant portion of their wages back which would have a negative impact on us. Also, as I mentioned above there is a huge cultural difference which must also be taken into consideration.

There isn't a consensus on either, migration within the EU has not been proven to be financially beneficial, there are also a number of indirect ways in which it interacts with our economic position.

Sure those that come here work, pay tax, and spend their money here. But a large proportion of that work is on the lower end of the pay spectrum, that is to say, the majority of the Polish wouldn't be doctors or lawyers. Then you would have to account for the stress on public services, which would be no small feat, courts fees, A&E, police, schooling, tax credits.

Many of the demographics, even within Europe, put a much greater strain on public services with smaller returns, they have more children, more likely to be criminals, etc.

It seems unlikely that there is a financial gain to be had, and even is there is we must assume it's so small as to be insignificant. the largest amount of migration comes from less economically stable EU countries, we have to take their countries as at least a partial reflection on them if not an encompassing one.
Original post by ohgeez
Should Europe remain majority indigenous European or is Multiculturalization of the native population necessary in the name of progress?

It's already too late. The ethnic identify of 'indigenous Europeans' has been destroyed.
So long as immigrants are legal, skilled, proficient in the language of their host country and willing to integrate into society I have no problems whatsoever.
Original post by AxSirlotl
I do agree with you that we should help the countries surrounding Syria but we also have to take some of the burden as relying entirely on weaker and less stable countries like Lebanon to take hundreds of thousands of refugees could cause even more problems. I disagree with completely open immigration but I also disagree with preventing refugees in. Just like with any citizen, refugees who violate the law of their new country should be punished or deported.
Absolutely, we should give financial aid to surrounding countries as, in the same vain that we are struggling, they cannot be expected to shoulder the burden alone. And yes, we should take some refugees in, but I think nearer to the start of this crisis there should have been a wider EU directive to allocate migrants to each country, with respect to the population density, housing markets, and overall financial stability of each country. Germany and Sweden should not have to bare Europe's burden alone either.
But it was completely irresponsible to encourage them to journey here by themselves. We should be taking them from camps in the surrounding countries, like Turkey and Jordan. That way it is safer for them, but also allows Europe to organise the whole process more effectively, including registering them.
Problematic ally though, I imagine that most migrants who are here will not be going back to Syria; why would they? It's safer here, wealthier, and we have a generous welfare system. Other than wanting to go back to their country of origin for sentimentality, there is little other reason to do so. Which means that Europe has just increased its population by over a million and counting in a very short period of time, with little attempt at cultural integration, which could be damaging in the future. I have no problems with giving the refugees asylum where we can afford to, but there should be provisions made for ensuring that they return to their countries of origin after the danger has passed.
Reply 24
I'm more concerned about the numbers, the people without documentation and the financial status of the individuals, than skin colour.

People are quick to assume that me being UKIP means I oppose non-white migration. On the contrary I want to leave Europe to increase connections with former common wealth nations, not like before with one dominant country but each with an equal standing. This includes India, Austrailia, Canada, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Africa and so on. My quarry as a UKIP voter is not with with these countries but with Europe (my hatred for the EU), the way we abandoned our former colonies (to help them prosper after independence) for a "cool" club to help prosper the very nations who wanted to destroy us.
Absolutely, we should give financial aid to surrounding countries as, in the same vain that we are struggling, they cannot be expected to shoulder the burden alone. And yes, we should take some refugees in, but I think nearer to the start of this crisis there should have been a wider EU directive to allocate migrants to each country, with respect to the population density, housing markets, and overall financial stability of each country. Germany and Sweden should not have to bare Europe's burden alone either.
But it was completely irresponsible to encourage them to journey here by themselves. We should be taking them from camps in the surrounding countries, like Turkey and Jordan. That way it is safer for them, but also allows Europe to organise the whole process more effectively, including registering them.
Problematic ally though, I imagine that most migrants who are here will not be going back to Syria; why would they? It's safer here, wealthier, and we have a generous welfare system. Other than wanting to go back to their country of origin for sentimentality, there is little other reason to do so. Which means that Europe has just increased its population by over a million and counting in a very short period of time, with little attempt at cultural integration, which could be damaging in the future. I have no problems with giving the refugees asylum where we can afford to, but there should be provisions made for ensuring that they return to their countries of origin after the danger has passed.

Yes it is a huge mess isn't it? I agree that there had to be a unified response which wasn't there and having an influx of people coming into countries already struggling to house their current population (the UK for example) doesn't help. However I don't know what view to take on the return of immigrants: sending them back to their country of origin, now destroyed by years of war to me seems unfair. But I do see where you are coming from as permanently increasing the population of Europe doesn't help at all since we already have a housing crisis on our hands in many countries.
You do make some fair points there, particularly at the end with the distorted picture that high earners can present. I think I'd have to look into the issue in a bit more detail before coming to a final verdict, but the best policy is probably to target specific groups, preventing expenditure from leaving the country for a certain period of time, not allowing benefits for this time period, and also giving the Home Office the right to force people to leave if they are not economically contributing. I think it does affect certain groups more than others though, most likely Middle Eastern people due to religious household roles (in some cases) and some Eastern Europeans. Enforcing such changes may be slightly more difficult than simply proposing them, however.

That is why I wish the government would release a full list of average income / modal incomes of every nationality (but they wont as it would just the truth), the truth being that US, Swiss, German nationals etc give the UK a profit, but people for the majority of nations cost the UK money, a huge amount of money and are slowly bankrupting the nation.
Yes it is a huge mess isn't it? I agree that there had to be a unified response which wasn't there and having an influx of people coming into countries already struggling to house their current population (the UK for example) doesn't help. However I don't know what view to take on the return of immigrants: sending them back to their country of origin, now destroyed by years of war to me seems unfair. But I do see where you are coming from as permanently increasing the population of Europe doesn't help at all since we already have a housing crisis on our hands in many countries.

Why would you reward cowards with safety?
Original post by NickLCFC
It's already too late. The ethnic identify of 'indigenous Europeans' has been destroyed.

There is still time believe it or not, although I admit, the time is fast going to run out.
Original post by The_Opinion
Why would you reward cowards with safety?

These cowards in question are families of women and children? I hope that I am mistaken in assuming that you're calling refugees cowards, but you're just lucky enough that you weren't born in a war zone. I don't think that you're permitted to deny people the chance to live.
These cowards in question are families of women and children? I hope that I am mistaken in assuming that you're calling refugees cowards, but you're just lucky enough that you weren't born in a war zone. I don't think that you're permitted to deny people the chance to live.

80% of them are men of fighting age, they are not young families.

What would The UK be like now if all of the men just ran of? What kind of message does that give out.

Tell me, do you think that those migrants who ran away from their own nation would fight for this one if the need arose?
(edited 7 years ago)
80% of them are men of fighting age, they are not young families.

What would The UK be like now if all of the men just ran of? What kind of message does that give out.

Tell me, do you think that those migrants who ran away from their own nation would fight for this one if the need arose?

I'm sorry but the demographics that I'm looking at now from the MO of Oxford University seem to disagree with you, in fact more women than men have immigrated here. I'd like to know where you're getting your facts and figures from? Just because they're men they need to be sent to their deaths? I think that that's morally wrong but I guess that I'm a liberal pussy for caring about people's lives. Migrants are running away from their country because they will die if they don't. That doesn't mean that they can all come here, but they just want to live and I don't think that you should be able to deny that. It's not just their responsibility for solving the crisis, it's also our responsibility to help to bring stability to the region. I think that it says quite a lot that you think that the middle east and the migrant crisis can be solved by pouring in more cannon fodder.
Culture not colour is my philosophy behind immigration.
Original post by Μίλων
Multiculturalism is the Jewish agenda

Not Zionist but Jewish

Zionist has just been used a PC way of referring to Jews, but really Zionism was about creating and supporting Israel

But you need to look deep into who pushes this diversity is strength, tolerance.. none other than the intolerant Jews who have Israel for the Jews

Yes they are intolerant. They are not tolerant of people questioning how many actually died in their Holocaust. They are not tolerant of people who oppose what Israel does..

So they do it to destroy White European people. They took what they needed from us, and then stabbed us in the back. It was all plotted long before WW2 even happened. It's a tactic of genocide through intermixing that they promote.

Look at Labour, it was a Jewish oligarchy! Lord Levey, Lord Sugar... there's a huge list of them out there. They buy politics like no other people do..It's not as if there aren't any non-Jewish rich people. But the Jews are very good at using their enormous wealth of buying influence.

Sure just call it a conspiracy but I know it is true. They admit it. Go look up some videos about it on youtube.

For every piece of evidence for Jewish supremacy, is a piece of evidence to the contrary.
I'm sorry but the demographics that I'm looking at now from the MO of Oxford University seem to disagree with you, in fact more women than men have immigrated here. I'd like to know where you're getting your facts and figures from? Just because they're men they need to be sent to their deaths? I think that that's morally wrong but I guess that I'm a liberal pussy for caring about people's lives. Migrants are running away from their country because they will die if they don't. That doesn't mean that they can all come here, but they just want to live and I don't think that you should be able to deny that. It's not just their responsibility for solving the crisis, it's also our responsibility to help to bring stability to the region. I think that it says quite a lot that you think that the middle east and the migrant crisis can be solved by pouring in more cannon fodder.

I am referring to the migrants illegally entering Europe, not who the UK has officially allowed in.

You didn't answer my question, what would have happened in WW2 if all / a good chunk of the men ran away?
Original post by CarlTheCuck
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

you're a racist

Safe space?
I agree that it wouldn't be a pleasant experience sending them back to a country that's half rubble. It's a difficult one, really, they can't sustainably stay here but they have nothing much to go back to... but the rebuilding effort will need them as the country cannot function without young, working-age citizens and there's no point fighting for the region if no one plans to live there anymore. Perhaps the EU/US/Russia should try to invest in the rebuilding effort, but of course then that would mean more unpopular expenditure for us. To be perfectly honest, I think the whole world needs to set aside their differences and work together to solve this problem, as if any one country attempts to do so alone then they will be overwhelmed (as Europe has been with all the unilateral responses to the migrant crisis, for example).
I am referring to the migrants illegally entering Europe, not who the UK has officially allowed in.

You didn't answer my question, what would have happened in WW2 if all / a good chunk of the men ran away?

The same thing that has happened to the UK/any major country during the two world wars. Lots of men would go and never return, but like in the past, re population fills the gaps and quite a few men come back. I imagine something similar happening here, however it's not solely men leaving like it was during the world wars, so it's not a question of what would happen if men left but what would happen if a lot of people left because as we've seen in history, women are totally capable of doing men's work.
Reply 38
Original post by ohgeez
Should Europe remain majority indigenous European or is Multiculturalization of the native population necessary in the name of progress?

No name calling please.

Demographic Genocide
Reply 39
Original post by Mathemagicien
A 2 child policy? Do you know the average person has around 1.7 children in the UK; across Europe, it is around 1.5 children. Why is a 2 child policy necessary? Its the low birth rate which is the main reason behind mass immigration. Either Europeans have more children, accept more migrants, or cut pensions and benefits.

Demographic Genocide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending