The Student Room Group

Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Alisha*
It's not like I can make my own decision to leave the country....so.

Not a good enough reason sweetheart.

If you find it so so so disrespectful then why don't you save the time, go on pilgrimage and stay there forever? I'm sure there's no "nudists" in Saudi.

Muslims like you make me laugh so much. You insult the West even though they provide you with social security and whatever. And you still choose to stay here and blindly follow some fairytale that condones violence and oppression.
Reply 101

Will you, once you can make your own decisions?
Reply 102
Western Culture is disrespectful itself that's why. Nudism?! Seriously?

Nudism is still much more healthier than consuming young boys` asses like Muslims as a supstitution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

#Hallal
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
Nudism is still much more healthier than consuming young boys` asses like Muslims as a supstitution.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

#Hallal

Yeah....right like nudists won't do that.....that's why they stand there naked in front of people. TO ATTRACT MEN. Again that's why some girls/women wear hijabs. I never knew people were that thick in here.
Reply 104
Yeah....right like nudists won't do that.....that's why they stand there naked in front of people. TO ATTRACT MEN. Again that's why some girls/women wear hijabs. I never knew people were that thick in here.

Wait, staring at nacked adults is for you equal as fu.cking young boys???? Is this how Muhamed told you?

And you wonder why most people on the world consider muslim countries as barbarian and savage.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's interesting because I've asked you something and you've resorted to insults like you do with other people who challenge you. It's hilarious and childish.

Of course there's nobody to join. Because all the men have run to Europe!

Oh I'm sorry and you know what their actual intentions are? Didn't realise babe why don't you ask the Syrian migrant who groped my sister when she was in Germany? I'm sure I'd LOVE to know what he's been through before he started catcalling random women on the streets of Cologne.

you're a vicious little thing aren't you?
Reply 106
Original post by Josb
Will you, once you can make your own decisions?

Why should they spread Islam in countries that already have muslim majorities?
Reply 107
Slavery? You should know the difference between a slave and a servant.
A slave is owned (possessed), a servant is employed. That should clear it up for you.
So, how does the Quran describe slaves "that which your right hand possesses", or "that which your right hand employs"?

If Allah told men to rape women......then why would Allah want us (girls/women) to wear hijabi's to protect us from that.
Ah, but it is not all women who he permits raping. It is only the female captives and slaves. I'm sure that you are familiar with the ayat and hadith by now, but if not, let me know and I will post them for you.

Violence? The ISIS group are fake Muslim's
I never mentioned ISIS. I was only repeating what is in the Quran and sunnah (4:34, to be precise)

Stoning adulterers........stupid Arabs.
As it was Muhammad's example that led to the stoning of adulterers (again, let me know if you are not familiar with the relevant hadith), you have just called your perfect prophet a "stupid Arab". Now, he was many things, but I don't think that stupid was one of them!

Why would we execute apostates?
Erm, because Muhammad ordered it, as recorded in several sahih hadith?

Unless they said something really offensive.
So you do think that apostates can be killed. What kind of "offensive thing" are you thinking of? And offensive to who? Would something like calling Muhammad a "stupid Arab" qualify?

BTW I am only 1 Muslim. But really, there are like 1.5 billion Muslim's out there who are completely DIFFERENT,
So, remind me again about how "western culture" is all about "nudism".

some take their religion seriously. But some don't.
As we have seen!

PLUS it is also down to how you interpret the Qur'an. Interpretation is the main reason why you came to the conclusion that Islam is a religion of terrorism.
As you say, Islam is a religion of interpretation, and by definition, there is no one, single, correct interpretation - despite followers of each interpretation being convinced that theirs is the only correct one!

I don't think that Islam is a religion of terrorism. However, there are many terrorists who are Muslims, but they are two very different things.

I believe (and it is demonstrable) that Islam is a religion of violence and peace, of tolerance and intolerance, of discrimination and equality. That is clear to anyone who has read the Quran and sunnah with any kind of objectivity.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by SophieBarlow87
They alwqays word it in su a way... So if a muslim teacher assaults a schoolgirlk every headline is gonna be saying "Woman assaulted by muslim teacher!!!" But if white guys does it the headlines will be likle "girl alleged assault against her teacher" and then have pages about how wveryone loved him.
You do realise that Muslims come in all races, colours and nationalities, as do teachers?

Also worth bearing in mind that many Muslims make their Muslimness a fundamental part of their public identity.
If the teacher in question made a similarly big thing of their Satan-worshipping, or morris-dancing, you can bet the papers would make special mention of that as well.
Original post by QE2

I believe (and it is demonstrable) that Islam is a religion of violence and peace, of tolerance and intolerance, of discrimination and equality. That is clear to anyone who has read the Quran and sunnah with any kind of objectivity.

I was under the impression that such contradictions were dealt with by the Quran, with the more violent and intolerant taking precedent due to the order in which they were written.

If I remember correctly, the verse in question stipulates that when contradictions occur, the latter trumps the former, with much of the latter passages being the more rapey and killy and stoney and death to the infidels.

So I don't see how you can say that Islam is a religion of peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance. It solves these contradictions, does it not?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 110
So true.
Plus everything is just because of the stupid ISIS terrorist group who call themselves Muslim who force Muslim CHILDREN to join them or they would just kill them. That is sad. Then they kill them in the end. Wow I just hate ISIS and I'm Muslim. But us Muslim's know that they aren't Muslims lol.
There are many (see Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris, Barker, Krauss, etc) who were highly critical of islamic ideology long before ISIS were formed. ISIS are irrelevant to the argument against Islam.

But try and get your head around this... just because you disagree with the way they interpret the Quran and sunnah, that does not mean that they are not Muslims.

In fact, considering that they use a very literal and unmodernised interpretation that is undiluted by secular morality, that and you reject some parts of the Quran and sunnah, and think that Muhammad was a "stupid Arab", it would seem that you are more the Not True Muslim, certainly in their eyes.
Reply 111
People look at hijabi's as if they are not wearing the right clothes. But nowadays it's ok for someone to be naked in Music video's or adverts.
In my experience, most people don't give them a second look, although it is a bit like wearing a hat with a big crucifix on top!

Which adverts and music videos contain nudity? I'm obviously watching the wrong channels!
Reply 112
No I just feel sorry for you when you find out that Islam is the truth:smile:
Which version? :confused:

I mean, seriously? If I wanted to convert, which sect, and which school of thought, should I convert to?
Remember that Muhammad said that there would be 72 sects of Muslims, and all but one would end up in hell. How do you know that you are in the right one?
Reply 113
But if it was up to you?
Original post by QE2
But if it was up to you?

Spoiler

Original post by QE2
But if it was up to you?

You've defo been brainwashed:tongue:
Reply 116
Wait! What?
You think that nudists are nudists in order to attract men?
And you think that nudism involves "standing naked in front of people"?
Where TF do you get your information from? Clearly not the real world!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism
Reply 117
Original post by HanSoloLuck
I was under the impression that such contradictions were dealt with by the Quran, with the more violent and intolerant taking precedent due to the order in which they were written.

If I remember correctly, the verse in question stipulates that when contradictions occur, the latter trumps the former, with much of the latter passages being the more rapey and killy and stoney and death to the infidels.

So I don't see how you can say that Islam is a religion of peace and violence, tolerance and intolerance. It solves these contradictions, does it not?
Abrogation only goes so far. There are still plenty of passages that encourage behaviour that would not be unacceptable today. Too much discussion of Islam is polarised - it is either "beautiful and perfect", or entirely hate-filled and violent.
It is clearly neither of those things.

However, because it is regarded as "perfect" and the ultimate, infallible and immutable guide for all humanity, the fact that it can legitimately be interpreted in the way that the like of ISIS do, is a major problem.
Reply 118
You've defo been brainwashed:tongue:
What are you on about?
Another poster asked why, if you despised western culture so much, you didn't locate to a country that implemented at least an approximation of Islamic rule.

You said that it was not up to you (which clearly avoids the question).

I asked what your decision would be if it was up to you. (Personally, I don't think that Muslims who despise western values should move elsewhere - it's up to them. But I know that I would not stay in a country where I despised the system and culture, if I had a choice).

You still avoid the question.

So, to get back to the point - how does that make me "brainwashed"?
Original post by QE2
snip

Kind of curious to see how long this goes on, but you missed one of her messages a few posts back. To be fair it was hidden in a 'spoiler' tab. You are on her 'ignore' list, didn't know we could do that.

If people can systematically create their own 'safe space' by blocking others then why do so many of my posts get moderated to death?

Alisha;"What's up?Look whos going on my ignore list:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending