The Student Room Group

How can I go about resitting Maths GCSE 3 years after leaving?

Hi all, I am posting because I have received a conditional offer for my first choice uni UWE, to do sociology with a foundation year. The condition is that I obtain a C in GCSE maths..which I never did. Maths was the one subject I really didn't understand no matter how much revision I did, and I got an E in my GCSE's (I am kicking myself now, trust me)

So, anyhow, I took a gap year and I am 19 now, so I'm not in education or am able to resit through college. My question is, how can I resit through being a private candidate, or is there an equivalent I can take? Many thanks xx
Original post by delicatedaydream
Hi all, I am posting because I have received a conditional offer for my first choice uni UWE, to do sociology with a foundation year. The condition is that I obtain a C in GCSE maths..which I never did. Maths was the one subject I really didn't understand no matter how much revision I did, and I got an E in my GCSE's (I am kicking myself now, trust me)

So, anyhow, I took a gap year and I am 19 now, so I'm not in education or am able to resit through college. My question is, how can I resit through being a private candidate, or is there an equivalent I can take? Many thanks xx

Contact the university and explain that you arent currently sitting that qualification. You may have missed the deadline to resit this year, could you defer uni for a year to get the gcse?
Original post by claireestelle
Contact the university and explain that you arent currently sitting that qualification. You may have missed the deadline to resit this year, could you defer uni for a year to get the gcse?

I am thinking of studying an equivalency exam that runs throughout the year that is approved by the uni. thanks though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest