The Student Room Group

Labour suspends Shah and Livingstone, so why hasn't the NUS suspended Malia Bouattia?

The NUS is almost the student wing of the Labour Party, so why hasn't it taken a similar approach?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not as important
Original post by Grand High Witch
The NUS is almost the student wing of the Labour Party, so why hasn't it taken a similar approach?

the NUS is a monopoly - it doesn't have to worry about being unpopular or looking stupid - students can't get fed up and vote for the alternative.
Not many people care about NUS.

The Labour Party on the other hand...
Reply 4
What Naz Shah said was silly, but not anti-semitic. I don't like Naz Shah at all, i'm for George Galloway, but i have to be fair on this.

What Livingstone has said is in NO way Anti-semitic, nethanyahu himself said it earlier this year i believe (or late last year)!

It's just a ploy to conflate israel's crimes with anti-semitism, and as a way for the blairite's to attack Corbyn.
Reply 5
[video="youtube;66-RKWKI_yY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-RKWKI_yY[/video]
Reply 6
Because, amazingly, the current incarnation of the Labour Party still manages to be more mature than the NUS.
Original post by Tawheed
What Naz Shah said was silly, but not anti-semitic. I don't like Naz Shah at all, i'm for George Galloway, but i have to be fair on this.

What Livingstone has said is in NO way Anti-semitic, nethanyahu himself said it earlier this year i believe (or late last year)!

It's just a ploy to conflate israel's crimes with anti-semitism, and as a way for the blairite's to attack Corbyn.

You don't think there was something slightly anti-semtic about asking for help on an online vote "because the Jews are rallying"?
Reply 8
This is all an attack on Corbyn's leadership
Original post by jjh87
This is all an attack on Corbyn's leadership

Well, I actually like Labour. So getting rid of Corbyn would be a good thing.
Reply 10
Original post by MildredMalone

I agree 100%. Burnham for me
Original post by jjh87
I agree 100%. Burnham for me

Original post by MildredMalone

sadly, the hundreds of thousands who have joined labour, the new blood he has brought as well as a massive mandate in 60% of the vote disagree's.

and 60% when there are 4 other candidates is a HUGE mandate.

If the cooperate media and the blairite's within labour wish to force another leadership battle, he'll win again, maybe even more this time.
Original post by Tawheed
sadly, the hundreds of thousands who have joined labour, the new blood he has brought as well as a massive mandate in 60% of the vote disagree's.

and 60% when there are 4 other candidates is a HUGE mandate.

If the cooperate media and the blairite's within labour wish to force another leadership battle, he'll win again, maybe even more this time.

Some people joined Labour to vote him in so they'd have a useless leader tbh
Because anti-Semitism is a popular position within the NUS
Does NUS have any power at all ?
Original post by StopTheKikes
Call me a fascist

fascist
It is scary that "antisemitism" is now the same as calling out war crimes and
Reply 17
Original post by Grand High Witch

The NUS are not entirely interconnected to Labour so their rampant anti-semitism is seen as less of an issue from Labour. Remember Labour don't actually care about controlling anti-semitism or racism, they are only responding to public pressure. Anti-Semitic views were rife on the Labour Party before anything was addressed
Original post by Omen96
Remember Labour don't actually care about controlling anti-semitism or racism, they are only responding to public pressure. Anti-Semitic views were rife on the Labour Party before anything was addressed

Exactly.
Reply 19
Original post by admonit
Exactly.

They claim it does not even exist which shows how much they care. It's sad, perhaps had they been a very different party honest to their roots, I could have voted for them, but never will vote for such a party

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending