The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Hi and welcome to the thread and TSR :smile: I have OCD too, if you ever need to talk I'm here as are the rest of us! All the best with everything and take care :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the welcome! :h: Good luck with your OCD as well! Know it can be awfully frustrating! xx
finding it hard to do anything right now. spend most of my time laying in bed staring at the ceiling or doing ED ****. ffs i'm so tired of this. what's the point.
Reply 182
got so much to sort out and i dont understand any of it enough. im so not adult enough to do this on my own, and im really not coping
Really struggling with anxiety over the last couple days. really hoping it goes down a little by Tuesday, it really will ruin any chance I have if I go into my exam anxious as ****.
Original post by PandaWho
got so much to sort out and i dont understand any of it enough. im so not adult enough to do this on my own, and im really not coping

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Do you have a support system (parents, psychologist / psychiatrist) that you could maybe notify that you are not coping and that you may need a help at the moment? If not, you could always set up an appointment.

If being overwhelmed is the problem, I have found that it helps to break things into little pieces and aiming to do just one piece at a time. It may seem "impractical" but at the end of the day you get more done rather than stressing so much about everything that you struggle to get anything done. That's what has helped me sometimes, You could try it if you want to. One step at a time. 🌸
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by clockworkbella
Sorry to hear that you are struggling. Do you have a support system (parents, psychologist / psychiatrist) that you could maybe notify that you are not coping and that you may need a help at the moment? If not, you could always set up an appointment.

If being overwhelmed is the problem, I have found that it helps to break things into little pieces and aiming to do just one piece at a time. It may seem "impractical" but at the end of the day you get more done rather than stressing so much about everything that you struggle to get anything done. That's what has helped me sometimes, You could try it if you want to. One step at a time. 🌸

dont have a close network in the sense they are physically around me, but i have a mentally close network of support on the phone, facebook, facetime and stuff.

going through a tough breakup and got so much to do i dont even really know where to start first or what needs doing other than sorting out the flat, money and packing...
dont have a close network in the sense they are physically around me, but i have a mentally close network of support on the phone, facebook, facetime and stuff.

going through a tough breakup and got so much to do i dont even really know where to start first or what needs doing other than sorting out the flat, money and packing...

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope it gets better. Just rely on those people and try to have self-empathy and handle things little by little. Hope you feel better soon!
Reply 187
Original post by clockworkbella
I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope it gets better. Just rely on those people and try to have self-empathy and handle things little by little. Hope you feel better soon!

managed to write a list of everything i think needs doing including who to inform, bills to stop, what needs the address changing on them. never done this before :frown:
managed to write a list of everything i think needs doing including who to inform, bills to stop, what needs the address changing on them. never done this before :frown:

not sure what to say but i hope things improve soon. :hugs: hang in there

That's a great step to take! I know these things are hard, especially if you have never done them before, but you can do it - you've already made a start 🌸
I really hate myself right now and have been hit with massive anxiety and don't know what to do, I ruined it with the counsellor and cannot go back but my boyfriend says I really need help and just I have no idea what to do I've ruined everything
Reply 191
Trying so hard not to cry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I feel strangely calm
Original post by Anonymous
I really hate myself right now and have been hit with massive anxiety and don't know what to do, I ruined it with the counsellor and cannot go back but my boyfriend says I really need help and just I have no idea what to do I've ruined everything

What's you mean you ruined it with the counsellor?
****ing feel like ****. So ****ing done. I hate this.
Original post by Airmed
****ing feel like ****. So ****ing done. I hate this.

:hugs: it would be stupid to say i hope you are ok but i hope you will be ok xx

----------
Feel angry tbh, no change there then :rolleyes:
I spoke openly for the first time today about suffering from BDD. I found it quite liberating and feel like it was the right thing to do :smile:
Original post by Little Popcorns
What's you mean you ruined it with the counsellor?

The counsellor I had was lovely and she taught me some good techniques with automatic negative thoughts and relaxing etc. But I knew that there were some things I hadn't talked about with her- either because I forgot them, or I didn't realise that they were important, etc. And I tried to explain how I am when I'm at my very worst but I don't think I explained very well. So I decided that I need to say that I would like to continue with the sessions and explain that I felt like there was more I needed to talk about, and I prepared what I was going to say and everything, and then when my last session came no mention was made of further sessions and she seemed so pleased with my progress and I didn't have the nerve to say what I was intending to say. And I just can't go back now and tell her that actually I've not made as much progress and that I didn't tell her everything, it will let her down, and I can't go to another counsellor with this charity in case she finds out, because I really liked her, and I don't want her to think I didn't like her.

Then yesterday I had a really bad evening, I had loads of anxiety which eventually made me get annoyed at myself and I felt absolutely awful, and I know that I ought to go and see a counsellor or someone again, but I just don't really want to? Like I'm really scared I will do the same thing and not be able to open up with the next counsellor and I just want to concentrate on my exams and then get more counselling at uni. My boyfriend has said that if I don't set up counselling or something by Sunday he will need to tell my family as it's that bad and I really don't want him to tell them. I'm hoping I can find online counselling or something...

Oops, I'm sorry this is quite long :colondollar:
The counsellor I had was lovely and she taught me some good techniques with automatic negative thoughts and relaxing etc. But I knew that there were some things I hadn't talked about with her- either because I forgot them, or I didn't realise that they were important, etc. And I tried to explain how I am when I'm at my very worst but I don't think I explained very well. So I decided that I need to say that I would like to continue with the sessions and explain that I felt like there was more I needed to talk about, and I prepared what I was going to say and everything, and then when my last session came no mention was made of further sessions and she seemed so pleased with my progress and I didn't have the nerve to say what I was intending to say. And I just can't go back now and tell her that actually I've not made as much progress and that I didn't tell her everything, it will let her down, and I can't go to another counsellor with this charity in case she finds out, because I really liked her, and I don't want her to think I didn't like her.

Then yesterday I had a really bad evening, I had loads of anxiety which eventually made me get annoyed at myself and I felt absolutely awful, and I know that I ought to go and see a counsellor or someone again, but I just don't really want to? Like I'm really scared I will do the same thing and not be able to open up with the next counsellor and I just want to concentrate on my exams and then get more counselling at uni. My boyfriend has said that if I don't set up counselling or something by Sunday he will need to tell my family as it's that bad and I really don't want him to tell them. I'm hoping I can find online counselling or something...

Can you get more counselling with the people at that charity? Has she finished the sessions because there was a limited amount or because she thought you'd made enough progress?

How many sessions did you have with her? :smile:

Latest