The Student Room Group

Do your revision!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by brainzistheword
I think you need to reconsider what you are telling people.

You are doing GCSEs right? What grades are you working at and what do you hope to get?

I was getting C's on past papers 2 months ago , Now with my Revision plan i'm getting A's
Original post by EnglishMuon
maybe, but for subjects I enjoy like maths, Ive probably been doing ~10 hours a day for the past 2 years and it doesnt feel like as much as a chore as thought it would.

Well that's great for you and good on you, I like maths but I need time to wind down too.
What I mean is people who are already doing more than enough will be scared and feel guilty by reading this thread and taking what it says as fact. I know I was in that position and it got to the point where I burnt out and was exhausted because I was doing too much. When people are already stressed they do not need threads like this which are only going to increase stress levels
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I was getting C's on past papers 2 months ago , Now with my Revision plan i'm getting A's

I honestly don't think you are working as best you could with this strategy. I'm looking at getting 9A*s and I don't even do half of what you are suggesting. Think about it, maybe if you tried less hours you would do more concentrated revision and get those A*s
Original post by Lkathryn08
Well that's great for you and good on you, I like maths but I need time to wind down too.
What I mean is people who are already doing more than enough will be scared and feel guilty by reading this thread and taking what it says as fact. I know I was in that position and it got to the point where I burnt out and was exhausted because I was doing too much. When people are already stressed they do not need threads like this which are only going to increase stress levels

Well said :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by brainzistheword
I honestly don't think you are working as best you could with this strategy. I'm looking at getting 9A*s and I don't even do half of what you are suggesting. Think about it, maybe if you tried less hours you would do more concentrated revision and get those A*s

I know what I have revised and have trained my brain up to doing this much revision, I am getting A*'s too and in the next few day's I'm considering 18 hours of revision on a weekend day.

It's worked for me from C's to A's / A*'s in 2 months is a good jump.
Isn't 6 hours after school literally impossible?
Reply 26
Original post by romansholiday
Isn't 6 hours after school literally impossible?

Well I get home half three so by half nine i'm done then it's straight to bed.

I usually watch a video while eating dinner.
Revision can be fun, Revise the way you learn best & remember knowledge is power and just think of the opportunities when you receive the top grades!

Exactly.Some people learn better in 3 hours(or shorter) than those who do 8/9+ hours a day.No need to say people will only get good grades if they revise excruciatingly long hours.
Original post by Lkathryn08

Yeah I agree with that :smile: But yeah sometimes when Im ill/tired etc. more work is the last thing that helps
Just work at it like a communist

I read this then just burst out laughing, my family must think I'm mad now lol
It's the quality of your revision not how long you do it for. What you need to do is revise meaningfully for at least 3 hours everyday, not 6 hours after. Lol you must not have a life if you do that.
Reply 31
Original post by theBranicAc
It's the quality of your revision not how long you do it for. What you need to do is revise meaningfully for at least 3 hours everyday, not 6 hours after. Lol you must not have a life if you do that.

I got like 1 friend at school so yeah.

It dosen't matter, you can spend other 3 hours playing a game, relaxing or making new friends, unless you enjoy revising.
But it gives guaranteed good grades! Just work at it like a communist and there you have it best grades ever, This is what me and my friends are currently doing.

Will you help me with my GCSEs question on my account?

Can you help me with my GCSEs question on my account???
Reply 35
Original post by Lewis_GCSE
Can you help me with my GCSEs question on my account???

What subject?
What subject?

Nah it's choosing options
Come on man just take caffeine, caffeine overwrites these effects making you calm and able to learn for long periods of time.

I recommend Coffee or energy drinks.

What are your predicteds?
Sadly revision doesn't get inside my head.When I revise I get bad grades when I don't revise I get the best in the class?!

Spoiler

Reply 39
Original post by Duck10101
What are your predicteds?

C's , But I want better than C's.

Quick Reply

Latest