The Student Room Group

Commercial banking graduate programme: rejected then called back for an opening. What

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studos
That's the second question. if it doesn't pay well, why would I bother to pursue it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe if you enjoy the job...
Original post by Trapz99
Maybe if you enjoy the job...

I enjoy pulling my wang but it doesn't pay so I don't do that all day either.
Original post by BizzStrut
I enjoy pulling my wang but it doesn't pay so I don't do that all day either.

Yeah but all graduate finance jobs pay fairly well (above £20000) for the most part
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah but all graduate finance jobs pay fairly well (above £20000) for the most part

let's be honest, would you really call it a good graduate job if it pays less than £25000?

Teenagers without a degree can make £19000 as a call centre representative at 16 years old. Nothing much more than turning up and reading a script. Or, (as I'm doing) £16000 base with bonuses in auto sales jobs, etc (that have this year actually taken my comp to over 25k).
(edited 7 years ago)
let's be honest, would you really call it a good graduate job if it pays less than £25000?

Teenagers without a degree can make £19000 as a call centre representative at 16 years old. Nothing much more than turning up and reading a script. Or, (as I'm doing) £16000 base with bonuses in auto sales jobs, etc (that have this year actually taken my comp to over 25k).

Do you actually work full time and study? How old are you?

My comp selling phones (part-time, so I'm annualizing) was ~£23k, was 17 when I started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

My comp selling phones (part-time, so I'm annualizing) was ~£23k, was 17 when I started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll PM you. These walls have eyes and long memories! But yes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** it I don't really care.

I'm 16. Have worked full time for 3 years already (1 in this job). Used to wait tables off-book and now work at a big name dealership in my city They were a little reluctant at first but I managed to clinch the gig when I said I'd work through the training period for free and accept a reduced rate until I got my first deal.Going into sixth form I realise that I probably cant keep this up while studying so will test it out after the summer in the first half term and see how it goes. They were talking about maybe letting me have a part time gig here (going a little soft on me, I think) but if that doesn't work out I'll end up doing bar work as soon as I hit 18. I really like doing sales so hopefully I won't need to.

My situation is odd though. No dad around, mother drinks and on benefits, brother has autism and generally I have to sort his food out (can't let the colours touch each other or he has a meltdown). I learned early to take on a lot of responsibility so we could have nice things (and eat).

In a nutshell, homelife sucks but it's worked in my favour I guess because I'm the most driven person I know.

I'm 16. Have worked full time for 3 years already (1 in this job). Used to wait tables off-book and now work at a big name dealership in my city They were a little reluctant at first but I managed to clinch the gig when I said I'd work through the training period for free and accept a reduced rate until I got my first deal.Going into sixth form I realise that I probably cant keep this up while studying so will test it out after the summer in the first half term and see how it goes. They were talking about maybe letting me have a part time gig here (going a little soft on me, I think) but if that doesn't work out I'll end up doing bar work as soon as I hit 18. I really like doing sales so hopefully I won't need to.

My situation is odd though. No dad around, mother drinks and on benefits, brother has autism and generally I have to sort his food out (can't let the colours touch each other or he has a meltdown). I learned early to take on a lot of responsibility so we could have nice things (and eat).

In a nutshell, homelife sucks but it's worked in my favour I guess because I'm the most driven person I know.

Jesus, that's admirable mate.. Well done for keeping it together!

Sorry to hear about the rough homelife but this responsibility you've been taking on will undoubtedly help you see the world in a more mature lens than many people your age. So even though it sucks ass, you're still developing some immense skills and traits.

Keep up the drive dude, I was much the same at 16.

Damn, that's inspirational. Admirable how you've worked so hard in the face of all those hardships.
Original post by studos
That's the second question. if it doesn't pay well, why would I bother to pursue it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pay should not be your main concern. You should find a job that you are passionate about- when you are old, you will regret it if you do a job that you had no passion for, wasting so many hours of your life when you could have done something you enjoyed. Don't waste your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending