The Student Room Group

Psychology at Sussex or Essex?

I know it's high time I chose my firm and insurance choice.
So I wanted to get some advice. I can't choose between the University or Essex and University of Sussex.
I'm thinking about choosing Sussex as firm and Essex as insurance choice, but it's not certain that I get into Sussex. In that case I would 'loose' what Essex offers for choosing them as firm choice.

And if I choose Essex as firm, what should I choose as insurance?
It can be Newcastle and Sussex (both higher in rankings than Essex) or Swansea and Coventry.

Any advice would be great!
Reply 1
Hi, I am a current student at the University of Essex studying Management and Marketing and I am currently on a year abroad in Australia as part of my course! I have loved my experience at Essex and can't wait to return to the UK to finish my final year there. The campus is great because it is very social and there are always events and activities going on. Such as a weekly market, karaoke nights and quiz nights. There are many societies and sports clubs that you can join and there is no joining fee!

Everything you need is on campus, such as a food shop, post office, cafes, restaurants, bars, a night club, sports centre, banks, hairdressers and accommodation. If you're planning to live on campus then there is a wide range of accommodation that you can choose from, depending on what you are looking for, for example if you want en-suite, and also there is a wide price range.

If you have any questions about Essex feel free to ask :smile: ^Sam
Reply 2
Original post by zuuzam
I know it's high time I chose my firm and insurance choice.
So I wanted to get some advice. I can't choose between the University or Essex and University of Sussex.
I'm thinking about choosing Sussex as firm and Essex as insurance choice, but it's not certain that I get into Sussex. In that case I would 'loose' what Essex offers for choosing them as firm choice.

And if I choose Essex as firm, what should I choose as insurance?
It can be Newcastle and Sussex (both higher in rankings than Essex) or Swansea and Coventry.

Any advice would be great!

What kind of psychology research are you interested in? I'm only familiar with work done at the University of Sussex and I believe a lot of it is very high quality. For example, great research is conducted at the Sackler Centre for Consciousness Studies.

Quick Reply