The Student Room Group

Wearing make up at home - dad called me ugly

Scroll to see replies

Lol doesn't he realise it's because of him you look the way you are
Original post by queenofswords
He said I look disgusting. Now I going to be a passive aggressive bi*ch and wear make up whenever he is around me.

although, now that I think about it, I agree with your dad
the way you've reacted is ugly and disgusting
fine, he called you ugly or whatever, but then to behave like a five year old spoilt brat to go out of your way to aggravate your dad?
nah, your dad is right
Original post by lilacwanda28
although, now that I think about it, I agree with your dad
the way you've reacted is ugly and disgusting
fine, he called you ugly or whatever, but then to behave like a five year old spoilt brat to go out of your way to aggravate your dad?
nah, your dad is right

That's very harsh and judgemental of you. If a young woman's own father calls her ugly then she has every right to be angry and upset. Acting out is a completely understandable reaction. You've no idea her home life, so take your judgements elsewhere love.

Responding in a passive aggressive way is far from the worst response I can imagine.

I feel like calling your own daughter ugly is probably an attempt to control you OP. It's very difficult to look more ugly with make up. so if you don't apply it poorly then don't let it get to you.
I doubt he meant literally, i bet he meant its because make up ruins your face and looks all fake and superficial, i.e. he had the problem with the make up itself not you

lol @ people saying its mean etc etc, not that deep
He said I look disgusting. Now I going to be a passive aggressive bi*ch and wear make up whenever he is around me.

Why would you care about what your dad thinks? His just jealous & mirin' u deep down. :drool: :biggrin:

What truly matters is how you feel deep down in the mirror. :yep:

Self confidence =
OP, with or without makeup, i think you are absolutely beautiful.
Reply 26

Who are you impressing at your house?

Incest is unhealthy.

Good :h: serves him right
Original post by L1U1x1o
Who are you impressing at your house?

Incest is unhealthy.

:lolwut: wtf?!? As if she just puts it on to walk around the house all day ...

Or do you suggest she puts it on just outside the front door (ready for the day) and then as she returns removes it, also outside the front door... :rolleyes:
Original post by Little Popcorns
:lolwut: wtf?!? As if she just puts it on to walk around the house all day ...

Or do you suggest she puts it on just outside the front door (ready for the day) and then as she returns removes it, also outside the front door... :rolleyes:

The OP said she will wear it at home now because her father said that. Not that she won't take it off anymore.
And this post is so cringy not even a question just an insecure girl who is throwing a tantrum on the STUDENT room.
Your dad's got mad bants
Original post by RegrettingAS
The OP said she will wear it at home now because her father said that. Not that she won't take it off anymore.
And this post is so cringy not even a question just an insecure girl who is throwing a tantrum on the STUDENT room.

You're cringrey, lets have everyone call you ugly then come back and say it's alright for her dad to call her ugly.

stfu.

And what's 'the STUDENT room' about?
#FishingForCompliments
Original post by FrothyGash
#FishingForCompliments

Haha so true
Original post by FrothyGash
#FishingForCompliments

Considering how the giving of a compliment is completely impossible given the lack of photo, I think that's absolutely absurd...

Quick Reply

Latest