The Student Room Group

Is my relationship on the edge because of this? Boyfriend looks at other women

I have a very small chest/breasts theres hardly anything there I think im AA something. It doesnt bother me personally as Id never want a large chest the smaller the better for sport but the thing is Ive noticed my boyfriend looking at women with low cut tops and large breasts about 3 times now.

He will look at their breasts then kind of look away. He wouldnt admit that he's not happy with my chest but im wondering does this threaten the relationship? Does he wish he was with a woman with proper breasts? Or could hd just like looking without it meaning much to him?
Stop being so paranoid.
Reply 2
Original post by TercioOfParma
Stop being so paranoid.

Big assumption that doesnt help hah. He can leave if he wants I'l get by but I just wanted a guys perspective on it thats all.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a very small chest/breasts theres hardly anything there I think im AA something. It doesnt bother me personally as Id never want a large chest the smaller the better for sport but the thing is Ive noticed my boyfriend looking at women with low cut tops and large breasts about 3 times now.

He will look at their breasts then kind of look away. He wouldnt admit that he's not happy with my chest but im wondering does this threaten the relationship? Does he wish he was with a woman with proper breasts? Or could hd just like looking without it meaning much to him?

Well I'm not a guy to give you a guy's prospective, but I do know that any guy who's worth any girl's time isn't going to let the fact that you have small breasts dictate how good or bad the relationship is.

In other words, if he's a good guy he's probably checking out women innocently and without meaning to (as all guys do - even when they're in happy relationships!).

EDIT: Oh and also, if it's really bothering you should definitely bring it up with him! Don't feel bad for feeling slightly insecure about it, I'd probably feel the same in your shoes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sabby888
Well I'm not a guy to give you a guy's prospective, but I do know that any guy who's worth any girl's time isn't going to let the fact that you have small breasts dictate how good or bad the relationship is.

In other words, if he's a good guy he's probably checking out women innocently and without meaning to (as all guys do - even when they're in happy relationships!).

Ok thanks, I suppose we can all look where we want to at the end of the day. I see some guys who blatantly stare at women and i automatically think they are more about sex rather than relationships. Then i see some guys give sneakier looks like my boyfriend. Many guys i dont even notice looking at women , unless they are just sneakier lol.

Ive not got much experience with relationships its one of my downfalls.
Big assumption that doesnt help hah. He can leave if he wants I'l get by but I just wanted a guys perspective on it thats all.

I am not assuming anything, he is simply looking at other women. That means literally nothing.
Ok thanks, I suppose we can all look where we want to at the end of the day. I see some guys who blatantly stare at women and i automatically think they are more about sex rather than relationships. Then i see some guys give sneakier looks like my boyfriend. Many guys i dont even notice looking at women , unless they are just sneakier lol.

Ive not got much experience with relationships its one of my downfalls.

Did you see my edit though? I said that if you're not comfortable then you should bring it up with him as it's your right in the relationship to be able to feel okay about the things he does.

Personally, I would definitely mention it seeing as it's bothering you where you had to make a thread about it. If you want some more advice about it you can PM me :h:
If he didn't find you somewhat attractive, he wouldn't be with you. you're assuming that he's driven by boobs which is more an insult to him.

If your bf didn't have any hands, would you look at other people who had hands? Or if he was bald, would you stare at men with a head of hair?

1) It's natural and sometimes unavoidable to look, especially if cleavage is very noticeable.
2) It doesn't mean that he finds you unattractive, it's just something different that he doesn't see often. Kindof like, if you saw someone with rainbow hair or with a facial scar - you'd look. It's new and different.

You could mention to him that you've caught him staring at other women's boobs ad that it's making you slightly uncomfortable or concerned and see where it goes from there.
Reply 8
Did you see my edit though? I said that if you're not comfortable then you should bring it up with him as it's your right in the relationship to be able to feel okay about the things he does.

Personally, I would definitely mention it seeing as it's bothering you where you had to make a thread about it. If you want some more advice about it you can PM me :h:

Its not bothering me as in making me feel angry/betrayed or anything I just analyze things a lot and was wondering if he secretly misses good sized breasts. Obviously its upsetting if he does but I dont feel he's done anything wrong or that its worth mentioning to him. I dont want to come across paranoid to him as im not. As someone else said it probably means nothing but yea i was more wondering about it really, whether it was a sign that he's not fully satisfied etc.
Reply 9

Wrong!!

I find that sexist
Reply 10
Its not bothering me as in making me feel angry/betrayed or anything I just analyze things a lot and was wondering if he secretly misses good sized breasts. Obviously its upsetting if he does but I dont feel he's done anything wrong or that its worth mentioning to him. I dont want to come across paranoid to him as im not. As someone else said it probably means nothing but yea i was more wondering about it really, whether it was a sign that he's not fully satisfied etc.

Honestly you seem real chilled enough to be able to ask him rather than speculate, guy or girl none of us really knows his mind. Personally someone with this level of confidence is something I find attractive as ****. It does seem like you don't know each other that well enough though?

As a pig if I'm not smitten head over heels with a partner, chances are I will helplessly look at breasts big or small, regardless of what you have.
Original post by dmz
Wrong!!

I find that sexist

Sorry.. Don't see the sexism here.
Reply 12
but I do know that any guy who's worth any girl's time isn't going to let the fact that you have small breasts dictate how good or bad the relationship is.

Sorry.. Don't see the sexism here.

why is the girl better than the guy by default :s-smilie:

Quick Reply