The Student Room Group

Testing fertility of your partner?

Before you marry someone or get more serious would you want to be tested to make sure you can both have children or would you do it without the testing and just hope for the best? :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no i wouldnt lol, if worse came to worse and we couldnt naturally have kids ad turn to adoption.
Reply 2
Original post by mkap
no i wouldnt lol, if worse came to worse and we couldnt naturally have kids ad turn to adoption.

There is little point getting married or more serious if you can't have children of your own though. Though I don't have a problem with adoption. People who live near me have been unable to have children and it doesn't look right to see them, married and without a child.
Reply 3
Original post by Alfed
There is little point getting married or more serious if you can't have children of your own though. Though I don't have a problem with adoption. People who live near me have been unable to have children and it doesn't look right to see them, married and without a child.

theres a difference between not wanting to have kids and not being able to.
Reply 4
Don't imagine this is the norm. And with women quite a tricky task. You'd have to get your prospective wife to get pregnant with another guy to check it out. And dump her after 6 month of trying if she doesn't fall pregnant.
Reply 5
Original post by mkap
theres a difference between not wanting to have kids and not being able to.

Ah, so you don't wish to have children then.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Don't imagine this is the norm. And with women quite a tricky task. You'd have to get your prospective wife to get pregnant with another guy to check it out. And dump her after 6 month of trying if she doesn't fall pregnant.

Go away. Tell him @Hyacinth Bucket
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Alfed

People get married because they love each other - whether they'll have a children depends on many more factors that just being able too. This logic is only for irresponsible parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Alfed
Ah, so you don't wish to have children then.

i do lol, i love babies
Reply 9
Original post by *Stefan*
People get married because they love each other - whether they'll have a children depends on many more factors that just being able too. This logic is only for irresponsible parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see any point getting married to someone if you can't have children. May as well save the money and not get married. Why it is irresponsible to see if you can have children or not?
Reply 10
Original post by mkap
i do lol, i love babies

So what are you saying then? :smile:
The solution is quite simple. Get her up the duff before you marry her.
Original post by Alfed
I don't see any point getting married to someone if you can't have children. May as well save the money and not get married. Why it is irresponsible to see if you can have children or not?

Why do you have to get married.to have children?
Reply 13
Original post by Alfed

By that logic, why get married when you can just have children without getting married?

It's not irresponsible to see - what's irresponsible is thinking that just because you can have a child you should. This is what overpopulates the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You literally get home fertility kits so yes I would.

*If* you're already in mad love I doubt it makes a different.
Testing for fertility isn't an exact science as there's so many factors involved so I don't know how you d plan on checking
Who does this?
This is just weird. Just who would do this, unless you're told there's a chance you can't have children?
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
You literally get home fertility kits so yes I would.

*If* you're already in mad love I doubt it makes a different.

Thank for a helpful post. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Quantex
The solution is quite simple. Get her up the duff before you marry her.

Troll someone else. Tell him to leave @Hyacinth Bucket

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending