The Student Room Group

Do your revision!

Scroll to see replies

3 hours after school , and 5-6 hours on weekend for me

A*AB prolly.
Original post by tamil fever
Sadly revision doesn't get inside my head.When I revise I get bad grades when I don't revise I get the best in the class?!

Spoiler

That's actually true for me revising ruins everything. I've just stopped revising entirely now tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I recommend doing 6 hours a night after school

And 12 hours a day on weekend

With this your practically guaranteed to get good exam grades!

My friend now in 6 form revised only 4 hours a night on weekdays and 7 hours a day on weekends and failed to get his C's in English and Maths so is now resitting them!

Don't make the same mistake! Stay indoors and revise extensively to guarantee good grades!

I get home at five so if I did this, I'd finish studying at eleven in the night. And that's not counting my clubs and extra-curriculars soo...

I do nowhere near this insane amount and I'm predicted 9 a*'s so I really would not recommend burning yourself out like this
I know what I have revised and have trained my brain up to doing this much revision, I am getting A*'s too and in the next few day's I'm considering 18 hours of revision on a weekend day.

It's worked for me from C's to A's / A*'s in 2 months is a good jump.

Yeah ok that's good, well done - but you may well have gotten to the same level with less hours of more efficient revision. Do you take breaks? And how long are they for and how frequently?
Reply 44
Original post by brainzistheword
Yeah ok that's good, well done - but you may well have gotten to the same level with less hours of more efficient revision. Do you take breaks? And how long are they for and how frequently?

I watch a few short revision video's and consider those as breaks.
How can no one see that this guy is trolling?
Reply 46
Original post by Gabzinc
How can no one see that this guy is trolling?

I'm not trolling.

If you have time then this type of revision is possible.
But it gives guaranteed good grades! Just work at it like a communist and there you have it best grades ever, This is what me and my friends are currently doing.

I admire your grit and determination but personally think this is way too much revision!
Original post by rheaj44
I get home at five so if I did this, I'd finish studying at eleven in the night. And that's not counting my clubs and extra-curriculars soo...

I do nowhere near this insane amount and I'm predicted 9 a*'s so I really would not recommend burning yourself out like this

How much do you do?
Reply 49
Original post by sunshine774
I admire your grit and determination but personally think this is way too much revision!

Once I got on with it I just get really engaged in what I am learning and just walk over the grades as I go to the top grades.
Once I got on with it I just get really engaged in what I am learning and just walk over the grades as I go to the top grades.

Well done I am really happy for you!:smile: You are right though, getting started is definitely the hardest part.

Quick Reply

Latest