The Student Room Group

When to start revising for GCSE's?

I am currently in Year 10 and am fast approaching Year 11. Judging from a large section of threads on TSR I can tell many people started their revision very late and wish they had begun revising earlier. Through personal experiences do you know when it is best to begin revising?
My grades at the moment are:

Biology: A*
Chemistry A*
Physics: A*
Maths: 7 (A)
English Lang: 7 (A)
English Lit: 7 (A)
History: A*
Geography: A
R.E: A*
French: B (If I continue my hard work, I am certain I will achieve an A*)
Original post by Dawud84
I am currently in Year 10 and am fast approaching Year 11. Judging from a large section of threads on TSR I can tell many people started their revision very late and wish they had begun revising earlier. Through personal experiences do you know when it is best to begin revising?

Chemistry A*

I'm in Year 11 and tbh I revised all through Year 10 and into Year 11, but that is probably excessive. If you have mocks in Year 11 take them seriously and use that as practice revision to gauge how much you need to do. I would say from Christmas you should start revising maybe an hour but by Easter Year 11 you should be fully into it.

If you ever want to ask questions or see how I am structuring my revision you can have a look at a GYG thread I have http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 :smile:
Reply 2
As soon as possible. Do you want to go into each and every exam feeling utter confidence? Then start now!
Reply 3
Original post by brainzistheword
I'm in Year 11 and tbh I revised all through Year 10 and into Year 11, but that is probably excessive. If you have mocks in Year 11 take them seriously and use that as practice revision to gauge how much you need to do. I would say from Christmas you should start revising maybe an hour but by Easter Year 11 you should be fully into it.

If you ever want to ask questions or see how I am structuring my revision you can have a look at a GYG thread I have http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 :smile:

Ok, I have been revising thoroughly throughout Year 10, however, it is not revision which I would class as preparation for exams this year. I was intending on starting as soon as the Summer holidays begin as I am fairly busy at the moment with revising for the Mocks which are approaching. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 4
Good luck!
Original post by Dawud84
Ok, I have been revising thoroughly throughout Year 10, however, it is not revision which I would class as preparation for exams this year. I was intending on starting as soon as the Summer holidays begin as I am fairly busy at the moment with revising for the Mocks which are approaching. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 5
Original post by Harrykel
As soon as possible. Do you want to go into each and every exam feeling utter confidence? Then start now!

I am intending on starting two weeks before the Summer holidays as at the moment I am fairly busy with revision for mocks and for my R.E GCSE on the 16th of May. It may sound like a pointless Exam to revise for but I really want to get off to a good start.
Reply 6
Original post by Harrykel
Good luck!

Thank you, good luck for you're GCSE's.
Original post by Dawud84

Chemistry A*

just continue with the amount of work/revision you've been doing so far as it seems to be working for you based on your current grades, as for your GCSE revision, starting around your Year 11 Mocks would be a good idea, good luck!
Do all your homework, go over things you don't understand & work for your mocks, but don't start thorough revision until between Christmas and feb half term, you're just going to end up fusing out
Reply 9
Christmas time in year 11 up until your exams.

I'm in year 11 now, and I started revision in December and I am feeling more than confident that I will be able to achieve my 9 A/A* grades

Quick Reply

Latest