The Student Room Group

Applying to two different courses!

Hello can I have some advice?

I applied to do ODP in October at only one university.
The course was highly competitive, I found out I wasn't guaranteed an offer and was put on a waiting list to see if I could get a place if their first choice candidates did not firm them.
I have just found out this week that I was unsuccessful.

Been thinking of applying for a psychology course as a late applicant through UCAS but my personal statement will obviously not match up to the course.

I am unsure what to do now and obviously it is getting close to the deadline, can I have some advice?
Original post by Bevin

The course was highly competitive, I found out I wasn't guaranteed an offer and was put on a waiting list to see if I could get a place if their first choice candidates did not firm them.

Been thinking of applying for a psychology course as a late applicant through UCAS but my personal statement will obviously not match up to the course.

I am unsure what to do now and obviously it is getting close to the deadline, can I have some advice?

I think you'll have to submit your application again, so you'll need to pay £11 I think it is to submit. Have a look at the entry requirements on the website to see if you have met the entry requirements. If you have then they probably won't look at the personal statement.

I applied through clearing to University of Southampton and was on the phone to them and they only wanted proof of my grades and weren't at all bothered about my personal statement.
Reply 2
Original post by Bevin

Email the universities first to check they have places.

If you are applying through extra they may ask you to send a second personal statement directly to them (as well as the ucas app), so be prepared to that in case you are asked for one. They will give you 2-3 weeks usually to send it in after asking for it.

In clearing, universities won't ask for a second ps as there isn't enough time to ask people to send them in & then read them all, so they would usually decide based on grades/reference in that case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by darrantdpsexton
I think you'll have to submit your application again, so you'll need to pay £11 I think it is to submit. Have a look at the entry requirements on the website to see if you have met the entry requirements. If you have then they probably won't look at the personal statement.

I applied through clearing to University of Southampton and was on the phone to them and they only wanted proof of my grades and weren't at all bothered about my personal statement.

Original post by BB8
Email the universities first to check they have places.

If you are applying through extra they may ask you to send a second personal statement directly to them (as well as the ucas app), so be prepared to that in case you are asked for one. They will give you 2-3 weeks usually to send it in after asking for it.

In clearing, universities won't ask for a second ps as there isn't enough time to ask people to send them in & then read them all, so they would usually decide based on grades/reference in that case.

Okay thanks! I have emailed some universities and I am awaiting a reply now.
I don't have an option to use Extra? Is this because I only used 1/5 choices so I can still add choices until 4th May? Will this option come up after the 4th May?
I will also start altering my personal statement in case they require it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Bevin
I don't have an option to use Extra? Is this because I only used 1/5 choices so I can still add choices until 4th May? Will this option come up after the 4th May?
I will also start altering my personal statement in case they require it :smile:

Ah yeah, sorry my mistake - you are not in extra, but the same thing applies as a late applicant
Reply 5
Original post by Bevin

You aren't using Extra because you still have slots on your standard application.

The final deadline is 30 June. After that you are in Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by BB8
Ah yeah, sorry my mistake - you are not in extra, but the same thing applies as a late applicant

Original post by jneill
You aren't using Extra because you still have slots on your standard application.

The final deadline is 30 June. After that you are in Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that makes sense :smile:
Reply 7
I have had a reply from a university saying I can send in an alternative personal statement, thank you both for your help :smile:
Reply 8
I got a conditional offer which I have firmed thanks again
Reply 10
Original post by Bevin
I got a conditional offer which I have firmed thanks again

Yay! Good news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending