The Student Room Group

4Ds to 4As in a month?

Scroll to see replies

totally possible. I'm doing classical greek gcse and last summer in my end of year exams I got like a E/F borderline but in my January mocks I improved that to an A and I'm on course for an A* in these exams (was about to type 'summer exams' and then was like **** they start on tuesday :frown: ). YOU CAN DO THIS. Just get your head down, do some proper studying and get those As and ignore the haters... GOOD LUCK xxx
Reply 101
Those people who said "there is no way in hell you will able to pull that off" will be the same people congratulating you. Just know that:smile:.
Really hope you do this.
Original post by Dysprosium
Possible, seriously my class recently sat the second set of physics specimen papers and like no one go higher than a c. Hopefully, the real thing won't be as hard.

What exam board are you doing for physics- I do AQA and I also did bad on the specimen paper- I got c/b
Original post by ronnydandam
24/04/16:
Chemistry: D
Maths: D
Physics: D
Biology: D

Update:
28/04/16

Chemistry:B
Maths:B
Physics:B
Biology D

Managed to cover all the content for three subjects in the last four days or so and did some papers, just guess I need to refine my exam technique and do more papers and make a start on biology

I think its possible :smile:
If you just constantly revise from now till your exams, you could get A's.
Just learn all the content and do lots of exam papers.
And in Maths, just keep practicing each equation :smile:
If you full on sweat it as much as you can, and make sure you do all the best sorts of useful revision, then I think yes! :smile:
Original post by zXcodeXz
Ok thanks!

Just so you know, FM is not a requirement for Physics. Only Maths and Physics.
Original post by vintage456
What exam board are you doing for physics- I do AQA and I also did bad on the specimen paper- I got c/b

Yeah AQA, practical skills and multiple choice questions are my biggest concern....
Original post by Fangedbeast
Just so you know, FM is not a requirement for Physics. Only Maths and Physics.

Oh ok thanks, I thought top universities prefer further maths?
Oh ok thanks, I thought top universities prefer further maths?

Prefer, perhaps. But I've applied for Physics this year and I don't recall ever seeing FM under the requirements
I don't know, maybe possible if the Ds are an anomaly to what you usually get. If Ds are what you always got before then no
Prefer, perhaps. But I've applied for Physics this year and I don't recall ever seeing FM under the requirements

Oh ok, what university did you apply to?
Oh ok, what university did you apply to?

Nottingham Uni, Southampton Uni, Surrey, Leicester and Sheffield
Nottingham Uni, Southampton Uni, Surrey, Leicester and Sheffield

Oh did anyone of them make you an offer? Or give you an interview?
Yeah AQA, practical skills and multiple choice questions are my biggest concern....

How do you revise,because I use past papers, and that doesn't seem to work
I'm in the same position as you lets just prove everyone saying we can't wrong! I've been lazy throughout the year haven't worked to my full potential but I think hopefully if I do I can get b's minimum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vintage456
How do you revise,because I use past papers, and that doesn't seem to work

I agree but i still use past papers for difficult topics like oscilloscopes/waves to practise but from now i'm just going to the spec and make flashcards accordingly, read notes, redo specimen paper 3 times and in the half term download practical skill guides. It's so annoying they do this considering some muliple-choice questions take like 5m of working out for 1 mark. So, are you doing just pqst papers?
Oh did anyone of them make you an offer? Or give you an interview?

I had applicant days invites for all 5 universities.

Nottingham and Sheffield had interviews; I think Surrey had interviews as well but I didn't bother going to the interview/applicant day.

All 5 universities gave me an offer, Leicester gave me an unconditional
I had applicant days invites for all 5 universities.

Nottingham and Sheffield had interviews; I think Surrey had interviews as well but I didn't bother going to the interview/applicant day.

All 5 universities gave me an offer, Leicester gave me an unconditional

Oh ok that's cool!!
I agree but i still use past papers for difficult topics like oscilloscopes/waves to practise but from now i'm just going to the spec and make flashcards accordingly, read notes, redo specimen paper 3 times and in the half term download practical skill guides. It's so
Iannoying they do this considering some muliple-choice questions take like 5m of working out for 1 mark. So, are you doing just pqst papers?

I guess doing past papers will help me with the first paper, which is based on knowledge- I make flash cards which are useful to some extent
I'm not so worried about the practical skills, I think it might help if you read the aqa CGP book

Quick Reply

Latest