The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greenfish16
They nominate for the exact number of awards available to them.

But on their website they say
Nominating Agencies Commonwealth Shared ScholarshipsCommonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered for Master’s study for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, jointly supported by UK universities.The application cycle has three stages:

The CSC invites bids from UK universities for Shared Scholarships (May-June).

Successful universities are notified which courses and how many awards have been approved by the CSC.

The CSC selects candidates for Shared Scholarships from a shortlist of candidates nominated by each university following its own recruitment process (October-April).

How would you read the third clause....CSC selects candidates from a shortlist of candidates
http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/agencies/shared-scholarships/
Original post by kuchikau
Everytin i s SET.

Am proceding on Sabatical leave.
(3 weeks)

Visa application on my MIND.

No disturbances please.

Thanks.

Any Hope please. Say something to a comrade
Original post by Richard Lee
Any Hope please. Say something to a comrade

What was your choice @Kuchikau as you proceed for Sabbatical Leave?
Is it Beth, Nottingham or Leicester?
Reply 963
when did you receive a mail of nomination from strathclyde
Original post by Jilo
when did you receive a mail of nomination from strathclyde

April 25
Original post by SeemaChoudhary
April 25

But that was from commonwealth desk of university Mhahiri send the mail. Have you been nominated as well?
Hello Pals,
Has anyone heard from greenich apart from the nominator from PETER BURT (Principal Programme Leader) filling his details?
Original post by Godsonkris
Hello Pals,
Has anyone heard from greenich apart from the nominator from PETER BURT (Principal Programme Leader) filling his details?

Hallo.Yes i received his nomination mail,and few days later my status moved to csc
Original post by SeemaChoudhary
But on their website they say
Nominating Agencies Commonwealth Shared ScholarshipsCommonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered for Master’s study for students from developing countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, jointly supported by UK universities.The application cycle has three stages:

The CSC invites bids from UK universities for Shared Scholarships (May-June).

Successful universities are notified which courses and how many awards have been approved by the CSC.

The CSC selects candidates for Shared Scholarships from a shortlist of candidates nominated by each university following its own recruitment process (October-April).

How would you read the third clause....CSC selects candidates from a shortlist of candidates
http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/agencies/shared-scholarships/

A nominee will not be selected If he/she does not meet the eligibility criteria.

That possibility of rejection justifies the clause.
Reply 969
Anyone heard from University of Hull yet?
Reply 970
Hey folks!..just found this site.... Any comrade from University of Reading?.. Got nominated a week ago by Reading!.. Any successful Kenyan?
Original post by Soulhighman
Greenfish 16. Which of the schools are you selecting? Are you rejecting UWS?

Hello,

I did not apply to UWS.
Original post by Wanyax
Hey folks!..just found this site.... Any comrade from University of Reading?.. Got nominated a week ago by Reading!.. Any successful Kenyan?

A Kenyan in the reserve list here.
Reply 973
Hey Richard...hope is a weapon...the journey is far from over!
Please I seem to be on the reserve list of Greenwich, If anyone here has been nominated and holds offers from other schools, kindly do me a favour and consider turning down the Greenwich offer so I can make it friends! Am still keeping my hopes high tho. Thanks in advance!
Original post by Wanyax
Hey Richard...hope is a weapon...the journey is far from over!

God can work miracles. Thanks Wanyax. Just to encourage fellow comrades to relinquish the other nominations for others. God will reward you and make your situation better than it is.
Original post by Godsonkris
Please I seem to be on the reserve list of Greenwich, If anyone here has been nominated and holds offers from other schools, kindly do me a favour and consider turning down the Greenwich offer so I can make it friends! Am still keeping my hopes high tho. Thanks in advance!

This forum Godsonkris is the only way we can assist one another. I know even God is watching how we do our things.
Original post by Wanyax

Hello Wanyax from kenya
Hey Pompey were you asked to fill the EAS before the stage where your application is with CSC? I have been nominated by the University of STrathclyde and my application is at the CSC stage now but I have not been asked to fill up EAS..is that normal?

Original post by Pompey4
Yes, I got from Warwick about 3 weeks ago saying I was nominated and that I should fill in the eas. Am sure u will get it bro since it is being considers by an adviser. Which country are u from? Am from Nigeria.
Original post by Wanyax

hello from Kisumu,Kenya.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending