The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Any one still deciding on accommodation may find the videos posted on the website useful :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hey ya'll, will be starting sch this year and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on 115 Queens Road in terms of the general living condition of the accomodation and it's social life? I can't find much about that accomodation anywhere :|
I was thinking the same. It looks nice on the outside, but there are no pictures or videos or rooms. So now I'm thinking Northwell.
Are the rooms arranged into flats at all self-catered?
Original post by Tash28
I'm in The Courtrooms this year so will be happy to answer any questions!

Hi, I am thinking about applying to TC. May I ask how long it takes you to walk to the University? And if there are enough storage in the bedroom and bathroom? We're there really many building problems? Thank you!
Does Bristol uni give free bus pass to people living in city centre(orchard heights, the courtroom) if anyone knows? Thanks
I was thinking Northwell as a second, but it seems a lil far away...plus the room they showcases didn't look too nice HAHAHA.
Original post by Aprilnrabbit
Does Bristol uni give free bus pass to people living in city centre(orchard heights, the courtroom) if anyone knows? Thanks

Not that I'm aware of.
For one, the whole point is it's close enough not to need it. It's only 0.5 miles from the uni in most of CC (granted uphill)
Also Bus 16, which is the uni bus included with SB, doesn't start running from the centre till almost 10am (and stops running there at 4pm ish) anyway.
Question about the application: is it necessary to fill out the "About Me" section? I'm asking because I really don't have any clue what to write on it.
Original post by NamelessPersona
Question about the application: is it necessary to fill out the "About Me" section? I'm asking because I really don't have any clue what to write on it.

No.
It's intended to help match you to your housemates - I put that I liked tea back when I did mine lol.
If you prefer more quiet or sociable people, or sporty people etc, might help to put stuff like that.
Original post by Inazuma
No.
It's intended to help match you to your housemates - I put that I liked tea back when I did mine lol.
If you prefer more quiet or sociable people, or sporty people etc, might help to put stuff like that.

Thanks.
I'm thinking of Northwell House, even if it is under-subscribed usually. I know there's less people than other accommodation, but is it still sociable, even if it's more independent? Do you still make friends and go out (I've read that Gloucester road is quite vibrant)? Thank you!
Original post by grimstig
Hey ya'll, will be starting sch this year and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on 115 Queens Road in terms of the general living condition of the accomodation and it's social life? I can't find much about that accomodation anywhere :|

I live here now - I can sympathise, the website is less than useful. I really like it (and I've moved flats 5 times in the past two years!). Nice and quiet, good location, showers are really great (everything was refurbished here a few years back). Rooms are surprisingly spacious (nearly as big as my £130/week Manor Hall room and better shape). Only downside is the kitchens which are a bit run down. All in all definitely good for the price.

Socially speaking, it's coupled to Clifton Hill House so we can go to all their JCR events etc. 115QR itself is kind of a designated quiet place so don't expect the kind of life you would from Manor, stoke bishop halls etc!

Original post by Aprilnrabbit

Original post by Inazuma
Not that I'm aware of.
For one, the whole point is it's close enough not to need it. It's only 0.5 miles from the uni in most of CC (granted uphill)
Also Bus 16, which is the uni bus included with SB, doesn't start running from the centre till almost 10am (and stops running there at 4pm ish) anyway.

People did this year (even here in 115QR which is roughly equidistant without the hill), and last year. I can't speak for future years, but that walk up the hill from city center murders your legs every morning, so hopefully that is the case.

Original post by MichaelJames97
Haha depends, is it easy to get a space in the mornings ?

Used to live in UH in 14/15, I found the buses intolerable. If trying to get to a 9am, expect to be queueing up the hill. If leaving at 9pm, it is often faster to walk. If returning after 9pm, expect to get vomited on. It's not the end of the world, but moving closer to campus cut out a lot of hassle for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spleenharvester
I live here now - I can sympathise, the website is less than useful. I really like it (and I've moved flats 5 times in the past two years!). Nice and quiet, good location, showers are really great (everything was refurbished here a few years back). Rooms are surprisingly spacious (nearly as big as my £130/week Manor Hall room and better shape). Only downside is the kitchens which are a bit run down. All in all definitely good for the price.

Socially speaking, it's coupled to Clifton Hill House so we can go to all their JCR events etc. 115QR itself is kind of a designated quiet place so don't expect the kind of life you would from Manor, stoke bishop halls etc!

Hey man, thanks for your thoughts, rly appreciate it. I know your social life is what you make it out to be but, was wondering whats the environment like at 115QR? Do people come out to talk to one another or is it generally really just quiet and difficult to make friends?
The website won't let me apply for accommodation. Is this because I put Bristol as an insurance?
Reply 694
Original post by OrionMusicNet
The website won't let me apply for accommodation. Is this because I put Bristol as an insurance?

Yep, you can only apply for Bristol accommodation if you've put it as your firm
Original post by grimstig
Hey man, thanks for your thoughts, rly appreciate it. I know your social life is what you make it out to be but, was wondering whats the environment like at 115QR? Do people come out to talk to one another or is it generally really just quiet and difficult to make friends?

Still pretty sociable - just without the parties/clubbing etc. Partly because this year it's designated for mostly older students who just don't have the time/patience for all that stuff, haha.
Original post by spleenharvester

People did this year (even here in 115QR which is roughly equidistant without the hill), and last year. I can't speak for future years, but that walk up the hill from city center murders your legs every morning, so hopefully that is the case.

Ah yeah I know some did in previous years, but the accom website now says they do for all SB halls, but no mention for any others.
Trying to find out for sure atm :tongue:
Does anyone have any info on Unite House? It looks quite nice and I am thinking of putting it as 1st pref. Although The Hawthorns looks really nice, but it's 1st preference only. Is it risky to put this as first preference (for en suite)?

Thank you!
Guys, Bristol is my Insurance so I have a question for accomodation. Should I just book a room with commercial firms likeiQ, etc or wait till august and results day to apply for uni campus accomodation providing that I miss my firm offer and meet Bristol conditions
This might have been asked already, or I might just be being dim, but how are halls allocated? If someone has a medical condition, would they be likely to get their preferred halls? Thanks

Quick Reply