The Student Room Group

Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What you probably don't understand is I'm against immigrants who are coming here for benefits. I don't find anything wrong with Syrian migrants coming here if they have plans to integrate and they speak a European language well enough to get by. But from what I've read, I can hardly see any brain surgeons or engineers .

Such a typical Daily Mail read, "mygawd, benefit scrounger".

If you would look at the numbers, you would find that the vast majority of immigrants go for work, not benefits, and immigration has in history proven to be beneficial to a country.

But hey, you are ignorant and hateful, so you are just going to dismiss all of that because it doesn't fit your world view.
Read my previous post sweetheart. And actually do your reading. Police in Germany have received countless tipoffs of migrants being IS supporters and I believe one of the terrorists in the Paris attacks got into Europe through posing as a refugee.

Sweetheart? You want to ask me out next?

"Tipoffs"? From people like you? Omg I heard someone talk Arabic, must be a terrorist.
Original post by brainhuman
Such a typical Daily Mail read, "mygawd, benefit scrounger".

If you would look at the numbers, you would find that the vast majority of immigrants go for work, not benefits, and immigration has in history proven to be beneficial to a country.

But hey, you are ignorant and hateful, so you are just going to dismiss all of that because it doesn't fit your world view.

You're refusing to even accept that controlled immigration is dangerous.
I find it interesting how you find me racist. But go ahead, feel free to call me racist/ignorant. I couldn't care less. :smile: I can post whatever I feel on here even if it is "racist"
Original post by FredOrJohn
You have not said what you believe, you are just repeating what you do not believe in a passive aggressive way.

The problem is with "pew" research is that christians in the UK tend to be women in their 70s or parents with toddlers. Its not a like for like test - none of them are going to say "yes" to suicide bombing.

It would be a better test to do the survey of Manchester United Fans or Hearts Fans. I still think they would be overwhelmingly negative. I think you would find that the facts will match the survey results. Just think about YOU would you ever agree to blow yourself up amongst civilians for any reason at all? Of course not, nor would I, absolutely no reason ever.

One can see that in countries with 50:50 muslim christian populations (eg such places as Nigeria) where even families are mixed, its the Boko Haram side that is doing the bulk of the kidnapping and bombing. I think reality is matching the finding of the surveys.

Or look at post Iraq war. The Sunni side are point blank refusing to be governed by a Shia lead government? Its beyond insane.

Except the question asked for these stats isn't exclusive to suicide bombings, the first sentence says "suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilian targets".

Like the IRA bombing civilian targets in London, or Britain bombing German cities in WW2 or America nuking two cities in Japan. Plenty of people feel the last two were justified. The only difference with this example is its about defending a religion.

If you did a survey of the entire demographic of the UK and asked if it could be justifiable to attack civilian targets to defend the UK that would be a useful baseline to compare the islamic response to and you may well get similar stats.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sweetheart? You want to ask me out next?

"Tipoffs"? From people like you? Omg I heard someone talk Arabic, must be a terrorist.

I have standards so please don't flatter yourself.

All you've been doing is stating opinions. So I can hardly take anything from you seriously.
I have standards so please don't flatter yourself.

All you've been doing is stating opinions. So I can hardly take anything from you seriously.

Welcome to the internet forum. I guess you believe your opinions are fact?

Like that Omen guy, who thinks by writing "it is FACT..." before every opinion, he somehow has proven what he says.
Original post by Gwilym101
Except the question asked for these stats isn't exclusive to suicide bombings, the first sentence says "suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilian targets".

Like the IRA bombing civilian targets in London, or
Britain bombing German cities in WW2 or America nuking two cities in Japan
. Plenty of people feel the last two were justified. The only difference with this example is its about defending a religion.

If you did a survey of the entire demographic of the UK and asked if it could be justifiable to attack civilian targets to defend the UK that would be a useful baseline to compare the islamic response to and you may well get similar stats, given our history is full of doing just that.

Britain bombing German cities in WW2 or America nuking two cities in
Japan It was war, and war is a bad thing a lot of people say it was justified but no one with half a brain says it was great we killed all those civilians I cant wait to bomb more

And the nuking was on a bigger scale and some say it ended the war with far less casualties that what would of happened, nonetheless it was horrible but it was war.
You're refusing to even accept that controlled immigration is dangerous.
I find it interesting how you find me racist. But go ahead, feel free to call me racist/ignorant. I couldn't care less. :smile: I can post whatever I feel on here even if it is "racist"

Of course you can.

And then people like me can call you out on it. At least now you are admitting that you are racist.
Welcome to the internet forum. I guess you believe your opinions are fact?

Like that Omen guy, who thinks by writing "it is FACT..." before every opinion, he somehow has proven what he says.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/09/german-police-search-two-houses-in-anti-islamic-state-raids-following-television-tip-off/
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/world/europe/germany-refugees-isis.html?_r=0

http://tommyrobinson.co.uk/germanys-secret-service-have-received-more-than-100-tip-offs-that-isis-militants-are-among-the-migrants-claiming-asylum-in-the-country-claims-spy-chief/

Most of the other things I've said to you are things of the news too. You haven't backed up your views with anything.
Of course you can.

And then people like me can call you out on it. At least now you are admitting that you are racist.

Oh yes, a mixed race person who has ancestry in 3 different continents is a racist. Lmao. #racistandproud. What are you gonna do about it? :wink:

And look up what racist actually means babe.
Original post by KingBradly
Ah ha! Very clever! You got me there!

Excellent way of deflecting my question too. I'll assume you couldn't find any examples.

you don't need examples because they are there in front of your eyes in plain sight

"some cases of untruthful defamation"

And 100? Germany received a million immigrants last year. You want to stop immigration because 0.01% of them have had tips about them? Some of them wrongly, as I said above. Thanks for proving me right, though, was a nice touch that I didn't expect from you.
Oh yes, a mixed race person who has ancestry in 3 different continents is a racist. Lmao. #racistandproud. What are you gonna do about it? :wink:

And look up what racist actually means babe.

You're really putting out mixed signals here.

And so what you are of mixed race? Doesn't mean you can't be racist. Maybe you should look up the definition.
Original post by WBZ144
Which media outlets have avoided reporting attacks which have been documented and supported? Can you name any?

There's the thing: as an aspiring lawyer who has lived in various parts of the country I have taken the time to visit Magistrates and Crown courts to witness trials. The racial demographics of the people who walk in will differ depending on what part of the country I am in. So do you have a particular Magistrates court in mind?

If you have spent a day sitting in the waiting room (or similar) you certainly will know a great deal more than me. What you say is gospel as far as I'm concerned.

So what are your views?

Is there some truth in the sex attacks via migrants being more common than statistically normal or is this a myth (from your own observations)?
"some cases of untruthful defamation"

And 100? Germany received a million immigrants last year. You want to stop immigration because 0.01% of them have had tips about them? Some of them wrongly, as I said above. Thanks for proving me right, though, was a nice touch that I didn't expect from you.

You're partly right in the sense that not all immigrants are terrorists or whatever. I never said all of them were. But what about the fact that they all come from a stone age culture and a stone age religion? We have enough Muslims in Europe as it is. We need no more.
As for something I said to you before, my point about terrorists coming through as refugees is something you failed to address.
You're really putting out mixed signals here.

And so what you are of mixed race? Doesn't mean you can't be racist. Maybe you should look up the definition.

I call everyone babe sweetheart.
(edited 7 years ago)
You're partly right in the sense that not all immigrants are terrorists or whatever. I never said all of them were. But what about the fact that they all come from a stone age culture and a stone age religion? We have enough Muslims in Europe as it is. We need no more.
As for something I said to you before, my point about terrorists coming through as refugees is something you failed to address.

I have. I said you are judging the entirety by the example of a few.

I call everyone babe sweetheart.

No, you don't.

You start calling someone that when you argue with them at an attempt to be passive aggressive.
I have. I said you are judging the entirety by the example of a few.

No, you don't.

You start calling someone that when you argue with them at an attempt to be passive aggressive.

Did I say all immigrants are benefit scroungers?

Wrong. You don't know me well enough to say that so don't jump to conclusions :wink:
Did I say all immigrants are benefit scroungers?

Wrong. You don't know me well enough to say that so don't jump to conclusions :wink:

You are implying it over and over again in this thread. When pushed you resort to something along the lines of "as long as they are highly skilled individuals, they can come, the rest can **** off".

And yes, you did that to one other poster and then you did it to me. I can learn enough about you from the way you post.
You are implying it over and over again in this thread. When pushed you resort to something along the lines of "as long as they are highly skilled individuals, they can come, the rest can **** off".

And yes, you did that to one other poster and then you did it to me. I can learn enough about you from the way you post.

Basing what I do on just two tsr users?

Babe I expected way better.
Basing what I do on just two tsr users?

Babe I expected way better.

Funny thing is that we both know I'm right :wink:

So you're just embarrassing yourself now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending