The Student Room Group

Not revised gcse help

what do i do? i only do like 2 hours a day and thats just looking at past papers. im very good at cramming, so when should i start? my first exam is on may 16th
Reply 1
Original post by nuraaa
what do i do? i only do like 2 hours a day and thats just looking at past papers. im very good at cramming, so when should i start? my first exam is on may 16th

START NOW! LOG OUT OF TSR AND SPEND 6 HOURS WITH REGULAR BREAKS OF COURSE. Just cram now...
kys
Reply 3
how stupid.....
I dont get why people just start now when there is too much stuff to learn. Good luck with cramming but ur better off starting now and doing 2-3 after school everyday & long hours on the weekend
Have you made any resources (flashcards, posters etc.) or are you literally starting from scratch?
As long as you're comfortable in some of your subjects you'll be alright - just carry on with your 2-3 hours a night and cram the night before/day of your exam.

Source: I did this, came out with 5As and 5Bs
Reply 6
Original post by romansholiday
Have you made any resources (flashcards, posters etc.) or are you literally starting from scratch?

no ive made soo many resources because i started revising at the start of year 11, so i have my resources and i achieved grades a*-b's in my mocks. i just haven't revised since the mocks...
Original post by nuraaa
no ive made soo many resources because i started revising at the start of year 11, so i have my resources and i achieved grades a*-b's in my mocks. i just haven't revised since the mocks...

Ok, well I think you'll be fine. I've made all my flashcards, but I've only learnt half of them, and I think I'll be fine. It's possible. Just learn all your resources asap and move onto past papers...
Reply 8
Ok, well I think you'll be fine. I've made all my flashcards, but I've only learnt half of them, and I think I'll be fine. It's possible. Just learn all your resources asap and move onto past papers...

thank you, good luck im sure you will be fine. Ive already memorized all the past papers.. its just the issue of not knowing where to start right now :/
Original post by nuraaa
thank you, good luck im sure you will be fine. Ive already memorized all the past papers.. its just the issue of not knowing where to start right now :/

Same. They're giving us a P2 mock for some reason when P2 in more than a month. They're just giving us unnecessary work and I don't know what to revise for the best...
Reply 10
Same. They're giving us a P2 mock for some reason when P2 in more than a month. They're just giving us unnecessary work and I don't know what to revise for the best...

omg same ive got a p3 mock on thursday which makes no sense because its actually my last gcse exam( june 17th) AND we havent been over p1 since year 10, which is one of the exams that are in the second week. Its stupid.
Original post by nuraaa
omg same ive got a p3 mock on thursday which makes no sense because its actually my last gcse exam( june 17th) AND we havent been over p1 since year 10, which is one of the exams that are in the second week. Its stupid.

Tell your teacher about it and refuse to do the exam. I don't understand why, but it seems that physics teachers have a nasty habit of doing this.
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest