The Student Room Group

AS and A2 OCR Geology Revision Notes Here

Hi everyone,

Firstly I should point out that this thread is a couple of years old now, and these notes are for the old specification - I believe the modules have now changed a bit so they may not all still be relevant :smile:

I did A Level Geology with WJEC, and I thought I'd share with you the notes I made for Unit 4 (Environmental Geology), and Unit 5 (Evolution of Life, Earth and Climate). I have posted my AS notes in the second page of this thread, I wasn't originally going to post them as they aren't as detailed, but they are up now :smile:

I spent a lot of time making these, and it seemed a shame to just delete them, so I've decided to put them up here in case anyone would like them!

I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammatical errors! :h:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You have saved my bacon, Much appreciated
Original post by Dr_Sir
You have saved my bacon, Much appreciated

You're welcome! Best of luck with your exams! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
You're welcome! Best of luck with your exams! :h:

Its the Bloody Echinoids XD

also changing climate just sucks :/ I miss structural form As
Original post by Dr_Sir
Its the Bloody Echinoids XD

also changing climate just sucks :/ I miss structural form As

Oh yeah echinoids was the worst topic in my opinion, there was so much to know compared to the other creatures! Corals confused me as well, I kept muddling up the differences between them! I agree, we rushed over the changing climate part at the end so I didn't fully understand it
Reply 5
Oh yeah echinoids was the worst topic in my opinion, there was so much to know compared to the other creatures! Corals confused me as well, I kept muddling up the differences between them! I agree, we rushed over the changing climate part at the end so I didn't fully understand it

Yeah we just finished Isotopes... errrrr

some of it is just backwards logic :biggrin:
Original post by Dr_Sir
Yeah we just finished Isotopes... errrrr

some of it is just backwards logic :biggrin:

I think the dating and isotopes stuff was the hardest topic in the A2 course!
Reply 7
I think the dating and isotopes stuff was the hardest topic in the A2 course!

I remember half lives and daughter atoms from GCSE Physics XD its learning the isotopes we actually use and the atomic numbers of the daughter isotopes like U238 to Pb206/7

5 weeks... oooh boy
Original post by Dr_Sir
I remember half lives and daughter atoms from GCSE Physics XD its learning the isotopes we actually use and the atomic numbers of the daughter isotopes like U238 to Pb206/7

5 weeks... oooh boy

Yeah, the only downside to geology is that there is sooo much factual content to remember! I'm okay with key terms and labelling features of different fossils etc, but I'm hopeless with numbers :tongue:
Reply 9
Yeah, the only downside to geology is that there is sooo much factual content to remember! I'm okay with key terms and labelling features of different fossils etc, but I'm hopeless with numbers :tongue:

Geologists- scientists who hate maths!
Original post by Dr_Sir
Geologists- scientists who hate maths!

Haha I guess you could say that! I'm doing a geology degree this year so I really hope there's not too much maths in it :redface:
Reply 11
Haha I guess you could say that! I'm doing a geology degree this year so I really hope there's not too much maths in it :redface:

Do let me know how it goes, after GAP year its off to plymouth for more rock's for me! ^_^
Original post by Dr_Sir
Do let me know how it goes, after GAP year its off to plymouth for more rock's for me! ^_^

I'm on a gap year at the moment! Perhaps you'll have Professor Iain Stewart teaching you?!
Reply 13
Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! His documentaries got me into geology after all.
Original post by Dr_Sir
Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! His documentaries got me into geology after all.

We were shown his documentaries in our geology classes, he makes everything seem interesting! I saw him in one of the labs when I went to a Plymouth Uni open day!
Hi guys! Just bumping this thread so hopefully more people will see these notes if they need them :h:
Hi everyone,

I did A Level Geology last year, and I thought I'd share with you the notes I made for Unit 4 (Environmental Geology), and Unit 5 (Evolution of Life, Earth and Climate).

I spent a lot of time making these, and it seemed a shame to just delete them, so I've decided to put them up here in case anyone would like them!

I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammatical errors! :h:

Amazing!! Can't thank you enough :smile:
Hello

I don't suppose you made notes for AS. Your A2 notes are fantastic.

Thank you
Original post by MarkBellamy
Hello

I don't suppose you made notes for AS. Your A2 notes are fantastic.

Thank you

Hello, thank you! :h:

I did make some notes for AS Geology, however I'm unable to upload them at the moment as they are on my laptop at home. The majority of the notes I made for A2 can be found in the OCR Geology AS/A2 Level textbook, it follows the specification and is really helpful, I'd highly recommend getting it if you don't already have a copy. Everything you need to know for both AS and A2 is in there :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello, thank you! :h:

I did make some notes for AS Geology, however I'm unable to upload them at the moment as they are on my laptop at home. The majority of the notes I made for A2 can be found in the OCR Geology AS/A2 Level textbook, it follows the specification and is really helpful, I'd highly recommend getting it if you don't already have a copy. Everything you need to know for both AS and A2 is in there :smile:

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm actually a teacher of geology and just think they are really well written for students. I would really appreciate it if you could post the AS versions when you can.

THankyou Mark

Quick Reply

Latest