The Student Room Group

What's the Ideal age to graduate from University

20,21 or 22
I think the average range would be between 21 - 24/5. With the true mean probably being about 24 (people take gap years, change their minds; swap courses, have to retake etc.)
Original post by Truthteller10
20,21 or 22

It really doesn't matter.
24 like me :yay:
Reply 4
Original post by milliemogs
It really doesn't matter.

this one...

I guess it's all really set up for majority. you go to school, you go to college then you go to uni and graduate like everybody else, how does it different if graduation is in July and your birthday in august. Age is just a number in your twenties...

there is no perfect box that everybody should fit in to be "IDEAL"..

<Put it into your CV, I have graduated at the age of 21> What does it say?-Nothing.
No older than 24 as employers are reluctant to take on graduates over that age. Really there is not much hope for graduates over 25, most ending up unemployed or in jobs or self employment totally unconnected to their degree. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Ambitious1999
No older than 24 as employers are reluctant to take on graduates over that age. Really there is not much hope for graduates over 25, most ending up unemployed or in jobs or self employment totally unconnected to their degree. :frown:

Source?
Probably depends on what degree you do but it really doesn't matter. I'm planning on doing veterinary medicine, which is a five year course. I'll be two years older than most graduates who did non-medical degrees, but a similar age to other veterinary graduates.
Reply 8
Very few people are going to be 20 when they graduate...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending