The Student Room Group

How could I ask for this haristyle? (pic)

If I went to a salon like Toni & Guy, how could I ask for something like this?

I have more of a square jaw than the guy in the photo, but I still want to try it.
show them the picture
Show them the picture and say I want it like this please. Simples.
Yeh just show them the pic and say that's what I want..
Original post by SuperHuman98
show them the picture

But what if the hairstylist doesn't know how to do it? Or laughs at me becase I don't have the right kind of hair?

How am I supposed to know if I have the right kind of hair lol
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
But what if the hairstylist doesn't know how to do it? Or laughs at me becase I don't have the right kind of hair?

just YOLO it i guess
Reply 6

Then they aren't a good stylist and you should go somewhere else.

It looks like a pretty standard cut that a lot of guys have, I fail to see why someone would laugh at that.

If your hair isn't the right texture or whatever I'm sure the stylist will explain this to you or adjust the style to fit your hair type. Don't overthink it and just take he picture with you.
Reply 7

What's your hair like?
Original post by kka25
What's your hair like?

It gets quite wavy when it's long, but I have to try to grow my hair longer to get the kind of cut I want (see pic above), so I am just concerned that when I arrive at Toni & Guy - £60 session - they will just laugh and think "WTF are we supposed to do with that bush!".
don't let your dreams be dreams, just get the haircut
Most hair salons can give you the haircut you want based on a picture. I agree show the hairstylist the photo and let them do the rest.
Reply 11
It's called an an undercut and I have the same haircut. Just show the pic or say shave it from the sides and back with clipper size 1
Reply 12
It gets quite wavy when it's long, but I have to try to grow my hair longer to get the kind of cut I want (see pic above), so I am just concerned that when I arrive at Toni & Guy - £60 session - they will just laugh and think "WTF are we supposed to do with that bush!".

£60 for a freakin hair cut! :eek: Screw Tony & Guy, I could give you that haircut for a fiver...
a sharp undercut with very short skin fade.

id ask for a undercut, with a shaped sides from from around 1 to a 0.5 (or 0?).
Reply 14

They will, make sure it'll suit you though because it's an extreme cut. I wouldn't for instance get really short sides if you have a long face.
Reply 15
And I would go to Supercuts instead for about a quarter of the price.

Quick Reply