The Student Room Group

Can I withdraw from my firm?

Hi!
So I have applied to dentistry and got 4/4 rejections :frown:
I have my backup as biomed, which i did receive an offer for!
My questions, i want to take a gap year IF i achieve the grades. However, if I were to firm my biomed offer and i decide to take a gap year after results come out can i withdraw from the course? will it be on my future applications that i withdrew from a course will it be on my record? basically will it look bad?

Also, can the university i applied to see that whether or not i firmed it or put it as an insurance? obviously i only have 1 offer so no insurance but can they tell that I dont have any offers?

Thankk you!!
Original post by ranz
Hi!
So I have applied to dentistry and got 4/4 rejections :frown:
I have my backup as biomed, which i did receive an offer for!
My questions, i want to take a gap year IF i achieve the grades. However, if I were to firm my biomed offer and i decide to take a gap year after results come out can i withdraw from the course? will it be on my future applications that i withdrew from a course will it be on my record? basically will it look bad?

Also, can the university i applied to see that whether or not i firmed it or put it as an insurance? obviously i only have 1 offer so no insurance but can they tell that I dont have any offers?

Thankk you!!

1) Yes, you can withdraw.
2) Universities can see your previous Ucas applications if they bother to look, but they won't.
3) They won't care a damn if you withdrew because they recognise that real life happens to people.
4) Yes, they will know they are your firm. They can see your whole application once you have firmed, but they really, really won't care a damn where else you applied or what other offers you have/don't have.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
1) Yes, you can withdraw.
2) Universities can see your previous Ucas applications if they bother to look, but they won't.
3) They won't care a damn if you withdrew because they recognise that real life happens to people.
4) Yes, they will know they are your firm. They can see your whole application once you have firmed, but they really, really won't care a damn where else you applied or what other offers you have/don't have.

ok thank you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ranz
ok thank you! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are happy with biomed at that uni but just want a gap year, ask them now if you can defer. It's better to ask now, than on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
If you are happy with biomed at that uni but just want a gap year, ask them now if you can defer. It's better to ask now, than on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do dentistry, and if I get the grades (hopefully) ill take a gap year otherwise theres no point of a gap year. So biomed is my back up.
thanks! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ranz
I want to do dentistry, and if I get the grades (hopefully) ill take a gap year otherwise theres no point of a gap year. So biomed is my back up.
thanks! :smile:

Ok, so, just to be clear, you can't defer AND reapply on UCAS for entry 2017. You would have to give up your deferred place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending