The Student Room Group

Will my university let me switch to a different country?

I recently got an offer, which I accepted, to spend the year studying in France. I originally wanted to go somewhere further afield -- say, Australia. However at the time I didn't think I'd be able to afford it, so I didn't apply.

Since then I've come into a sizeable amount of money, and would love to use some of it to travel. Would my university let me switch my placement to one of our partner universities in Australia?

The university in France I got an offer for was supposedly one of the most competitive ones, and even then I'm not sure if they even managed to fill all of the spots.
Reply 1
Dude :biggrin: France > Australia any day : D
Which French University is it?
Reply 3
Original post by Metrododo
Which French University is it?

I'd rather not say, just for the sake of anonymity. Sorry.
Reply 4
Original post by oShahpo
Dude :biggrin: France > Australia any day : D

That's subjective :wink: I've travelled all over Europe, but I've never had the opportunity to go further afield.
Original post by thrwwy101
I'd rather not say, just for the sake of anonymity. Sorry.

Ok, well if it's Science Po (preferably the Paris campus), ASSAS or Dauphine then it would be worth it - otherwise not so much as all the other Universities are more or less equivalent since they don't have a competitive entry. The top business and engineering schools (Grandes Ecoles) in France aren't considered as universities for the most part).

If it's mostly to immerse yourself in France to learn the language then it doesn't matter as much :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Ok, well if it's Science Po (preferably the Paris campus), ASSAS or Dauphine then it would be worth it - otherwise not so much as all the other Universities are more or less equivalent since they don't have a competitive entry. The top business and engineering schools (Grandes Ecoles) in France aren't considered as universities for the most part).

If it's mostly to immerse yourself in France to learn the language then it doesn't matter as much :smile:

Do you think I'd be allowed to switch to Aus?
Original post by thrwwy101
Do you think I'd be allowed to switch to Aus?

Don't know the context so have no idea whatsoever - the only people who'll be able to answer you are the Uni you're at now
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Don't know the context so have no idea whatsoever - the only people who'll be able to answer you are the Uni you're at now

Fair enough. Thanks anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending