The Student Room Group

You cannot choose to be from a country; hence it is pointless being patriotic.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youngmetro
They dont come because the culture is better, its because of economic reasons, especially since many of their own countries were trashed by the british in the past, which significantly slowed the rate of development. Using your logic you can argue that their culture is 'superior' because we encouraged immigration in the past and currently need these immigrants to fill up both low and high skilled jobs the people of the british culture are incapable of doing.

Okay so I admit colonialism did hinder their development somewhat, but the British brought a lot of modern technology to their countries which weren't already there. Even the Chinese recognised that the British political system was better so they kept it even after Imperialism ended. The reason Africa is in the mess it's in today is due to corrupt governments like Mugabe abusing their natural resources and hoarding all the money to themselves, not due to Britain
Your mixing politics with culture, they're two very different things. Britain had almost a headstart with development and did significantly impact the world. Brits like to think we helped out a lot but we did more good than wrong. The argument that British culture is superior because so many come here is very skewed and fallacious
I was talking about british culture dude, im british as well smh

Saying its boring, bland and saying all cultures are equal isnt racist at all.

And like I said nationalism is not racist either, you keep calling people closet racists. Nationalism can be within a whole continent where most people are naturally the same race, I provided the example which you dodged about Japanese v Korean. Or English v Irish. Jamaican v idk Haitian. Any African country v the next African country. US v Mexico. That's nationalism. I hope you know white English nationalists also don't like other types of EU. And I have an inkling you're black tbh and that you meant British as in white people, and that white people are bland, I've no idea why you'd insult yourself? This has been brought up that British food is **** and white people this and that, you don't have to back pedal if you feel that way I'm just saying you now seem to be a closet racist against whites...
Original post by 0to100
And like I said nationalism is not racist either, you keep calling people closet racists. Nationalism can be within a whole continent where most people are naturally the same race, I provided the example which you dodged about Japanese v Korean. Or English v Irish. Jamaican v idk Haitian. Any African country v the next African country. US v Mexico. That's nationalism. I hope you know white English nationalists also don't like other types of EU. And I have an inkling you're black tbh and that you meant British as in white people, and that white people are bland, I've no idea why you'd insult yourself? This has been brought up that British food is **** and white people this and that, you don't have to back pedal if you feel that way I'm just saying you now seem to be a closet racist against whites...

You're bringing race into this not me. Not once did i talk about white people, black people or any other colour YOU are Now go back and read all my posts at the start before putting words in my mouth.
You're bringing race into this not me. Not once did i talk about white people, black people or any other colour YOU are.

Hence me calling you a closet racist. And this was also about you not knowing the definition of several words you've thrown about the whole time.
Original post by 0to100
Hence me calling you a closet racist. And this was also about you not knowing the definition of several words you've thrown about the whole time.

What, me saying British culture is bland and boring, and all cultures are equal makes me racist? LOOOOOL

Look up the definition of racist plsssss. Closet racism and racism is the same, just the former means one doesnt admit to it.

British culture is boring, Some of Chinese culture is messed up, French culture is depressing, Jamaican food tastes ****, Indian culture is also dull etc etc, does this mean im racist? LOOOL you're just butthurt because i singled out british culture, its funny because us Brits use the race card wayyyy too often nowadays.
What, me saying British culture is bland and boring, and all cultures are equal makes me racist? LOOOOOL

Look up the definition of racist plsssss. Closet racism and racism is the same, just the former means one doesnt admit to it.

British culture is boring, Some of Chinese culture is messed up, French culture is depressing, Jamaican food tastes ****, Indian culture is also dull etc etc, does this mean im racist? LOOOL you're just butthurt because i singled out british culture, its funny because us Brits use the race card wayyyy too often nowadays.

Brtis use 'race' card? You're doing it again using words incorrectly. British isn't a race. Just stop circling around it you mean white people. Why are you now insulting several different cultures just to counter me though loool you're sinking deeper mate. And you're overuse of "LOL" and writing extra letters is desperate.
Original post by Itsyaboy
Lol are u trippin?
**** the police, **** the queen and her family

It's sad that the education system has failed so miserably with you, you truly are an absolute moron. How can you not recognise the privilege that you have living in the UK? The police you hate so much keep you safe, you're well fed, have clean water, Internet, a welfare system to fall back on, some of the best health care in the world for free, freedom to practice any religion...There are no other countries that offer such a good standard of life for doing so little than this one, so stop being such a stupid **** and appreciate it.
Oh don't tell me he resorted to posting memes to prove a still invalid point
Original post by Prince_fancybum
It's sad that the education system has failed so miserably with you, you truly are an absolute moron. How can you not recognise the privilege that you have living in the UK? The police you hate so much keep you safe, you're well fed, have clean water, Internet, a welfare system to fall back on, some of the best health care in the world for free, freedom to practice any religion...There are no other countries that offer such a good standard of life for doing so little than this one, so stop being such a stupid **** and appreciate it.

I don't think all those (non brits) who upvotes his op realised the type of person they were encouraging lmfao
It's important to be a patriot when you've got so called fellow brits demonstrating hatred for their own country while they're here
Sounds like domestic terrorism and vulnerability to foreign terrorism huh
Original post by 0to100
Brtis use 'race' card? You're doing it again using words incorrectly. British isn't a race. Just stop circling around it you mean white people. Why are you now insulting several different cultures just to counter me though loool you're sinking deeper mate. And you're overuse of "LOL" and writing extra letters is desperate.

Do explain how im RACIST when i havent spoken about race once? YOU interpreted it as 'white people are bland and boring' not me.

I said 'british culture is bland and boring' Explain how that is racist pls
Your mixing politics with culture, they're two very different things. Britain had almost a headstart with development and did significantly impact the world. Brits like to think we helped out a lot but we did more good than wrong. The argument that British culture is superior because so many come here is very skewed and fallacious

Politics and law is inherently intertwined with culture as is religion. Don't act is if they are separable.

Did you mean to say 'wrong than good?' The fact of the matter is that the reason that Africa is still a very poor country is due to corrupt governments, not due to any current imperialism or whatever.

It's not just Britain but western values in general. Correct me if I'm wrong but why are all the countries top of the world for human rights western countries?
I sing the Jamaican and American anthem. Even though I have no link to either country. They're just nice anthems. OP you have a good point.
Original post by Itsyaboy
Lol are u trippin?
**** the police, **** the queen and her family

Why '**** the police'? What do you have against the UK police?

I made a thread on black British crime rates a while ago. There are solid explanations as to why black people are considerably more likely to be stopped (as discussed in said thread).

Of course the conclusion is always institutional racism though; even when there are valid explanations that suggest otherwise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
I made a thread on black British crime rates a while ago. There are solid explanations as to why black people are considerably more likely to be stopped (as discussed in said thread).

Of course the conclusion is always institutional racism though; even when there are valid explanations that suggest otherwise.

This is about stop and search, i.e. racial profiling. And the Met Chief himself admitted it. Would take his word over you anyday.
This is about stop and search, i.e. racial profiling. And the Met Chief himself admitted it. Would take his word over you anyday.

I know it's about stop and search. I'm saying that the topic was discussed in the thread. If you actually read the article that you linked me, the Met Chief never actually said institutional racism was the reason black people are more likely to be stopped.

1) He acknowledged that black men were more likely to be stopped than white men. This isn't admitting to institutional racism.

2) He said he could justify slightly as to why this was the case, but couldn't explain it fully. This isn't admitting to institutional racism.

3) He said "If other people think we are institutionally racist, then we are. It’s no good me saying we’re not and saying you must believe me." This isn't admitting to institutional racism.

Basically, he's only saying the police force are institutionally racist only if other people think they are. He's not actually admitting to the police force being institutionally racist.
So , please tell me why it offends you that people are proud of their country ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Do explain how im RACIST when i havent spoken about race once? YOU interpreted it as 'white people are bland and boring' not me.

I said 'british culture is bland and boring' Explain how that is racist pls

Lol at you getting angry, and once again, I said you're coming off like a closet racist, which in the end means racist and tiptoeing around it.
So you then proceeded to insult Jamaicans, Chinese, Indians all in one go while you still scream at me to explain racism
Oh and even better, you said Brits play the race card, didn't your silly arse? Ye you did. So in that case, you insulting Brits ...is racist.
:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending